The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

I may not have had that one either. Did that replace one of the other colors at some point?
I don't believe so. The switching around happened with the gold and 18 labels. The Double Black is supposed to be more smokey. I really wanted to try it when I was starting out and couldn't find a small bottle of it. Now I figure there's plenty of smokey single malt so I might try it in a bar some day but don't see the need to buy a full bottle.

My favorite of the whole line is the 18, but I haven’t tried double black yet.
Double black is also quite good. 18 use to be Platinum and before that 18 was the Gold Centenary Blend. I have a bottle of the Platinum and the Gold 18 but not the “new” 18....😳😂

Double black is also quite good. 18 use to be Platinum and before that 18 was the Gold Centenary Blend. I have a bottle of the Platinum and the Gold 18 but not the “new” 18....😳😂
I knew Platinum replaced another color but couldn’t remember which one. My FIL has most of them I believe.

I‘ve never tried any of the “Spots” but I’ve heard a lot of good things about them - the guys on The Whisk(e)y Vault/Tribe always speak highly of them.
I am high on Irish Whiskey. Just love the smoothnes of them. Yellow Spot to me is light buttery taste in the beginning...maybe caramel...but finishes off fruity...like peach. It's some really good stuff. Comparing it to Redbreast 12 it is lighter than RB from start to finish. RB to me is much sweeter and from start to finish I get caramel and butter...but still has that whiskey warmth.

I am high on Irish Whiskey. Just love the smoothnes of them. Yellow Spot to me is light buttery taste in the beginning...maybe caramel...but finishes off fruity...like peach. It's some really good stuff. Comparing it to Redbreast 12 it is lighter than RB from start to finish. RB to me is much sweeter and from start to finish I get caramel and butter...but still has that whiskey warmth.
Sounds like I have to add it to my try soon list!

Back