The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

The yellow spot is evidently aged in bourbon and sherry casks as well as casks of Spanish Malaga wine...which evidently gives it's fruitiness.
I always wanted to research how they go about that (I am a novice when it comes to Whiskey) - do they blend from whiskeys in each of the three to come up with a profile or do they transfer the whiskey so all of it goes in each of the three types of casks?

I always wanted to research how they go about that (I am a novice when it comes to Whiskey) - do they blend from whiskeys in each of the three to come up with a profile or do they transfer the whiskey so all of it goes in each of the three types of casks?
Not really sure myself. All I know is they come up with some good stuff!

Usually, it's some of it aged in each type of cask and then blended together. Sometimes they get fancy, do that and then finish the whole thing in another cask that would be mentioned.

Usually, it's some of it aged in each type of cask and then blended together. Sometimes they get fancy, do that and then finish the whole thing in another cask that would be mentioned.
Thank you so much for the edification- I’ve always wondered how the magic happens. Isn’t it amazing the ”science” behind all these things we enjoy?

Back