The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

I just had a taste of Larceny tonight.... smooth is not a word I'd use to describe it. I found it rather bold and harsh.
Really? I find it pretty balanced. Flavour profile isn’t really big but I wouldn’t say harsh. KJ do you usually favour bourbons?

I just had a taste of Larceny tonight.... smooth is not a word I'd use to describe it. I found it rather bold and harsh.
Really? I find it pretty balanced. Flavour profile isn’t really big but I wouldn’t say harsh. KJ do you usually favour bourbons?
A splash of water in Larceny really opens up the flavor profile too
I’m with KJ on this one. It was one of the first bourbons I tried and it was OK. As I moved forward with trying others...like Buffalo Trace for instance or even comparing it to some scotches...in hindsight it had some pretty decent bite. I don’t think I’d buy it again.

I’m with KJ on this one. It was one of the first bourbons I tried and it was OK. As I moved forward with trying others...like Buffalo Trace for instance or even comparing it to some scotches...in hindsight it had some pretty decent bite. I don’t think I’d buy it again.
Buffalo Trace offends no one. I have a bottle of Larceny and quite like it though the finish is a little spicy with some oak.To each his own.

Back