The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Small dram of Monkey Shoulder neat. First time. A little bit of bite up front but oh so smooth after. Smells delicious, tastes like a scotch base with bourbon sweetness. Good buy!

Someone mentioned on another site that when he opens a new bottle of scotch that the first glass seems harsh but the next day he has another glass and it's not.. Has anyone else noticed that ? He stated it almost makes him want to throw out the first glass. I was thinking maybe it was just the release of built up gasses and the introduction of new oxygen.

Someone mentioned on another site that when he opens a new bottle of scotch that the first glass seems harsh but the next day he has another glass and it's not.. Has anyone else noticed that ? He stated it almost makes him want to throw out the first glass. I was thinking maybe it was just the release of built up gasses and the introduction of new oxygen.
I'm sure if he had 4 glasses on "opening night" that glass-4 would taste just fine. Sounds like a preconceived bias that he fully expects glass-1 to be substandard. Maybe all he needs to do in that case is crack open a new bottle right after he gets ahome and reseal it after 5 mins without taking a glass. That would make everything fine and dandy for when he wants a drink.

BTW Don't forget to put your straights under a pyramid so the edge can rest and heal. And to change the air in your tires. :ROFLMAO:

There is a controversial thought that a “neck pour” or the first pour from a bottle tastes different (usually worse) than the rest of the bottle. The only way this could be true is if the little amount of air introduced once a dram is poured changes a whole bottle enough to be noticed.

There is a controversial thought that a “neck pour” or the first pour from a bottle tastes different (usually worse) than the rest of the bottle. The only way this could be true is if the little amount of air introduced once a dram is poured changes a whole bottle enough to be noticed.
Just need to give it a good Wa-Pow! to mix it up like you do with the Nivea 2 in 1.

I'm sure if he had 4 glasses on "opening night" that glass-4 would taste just fine. Sounds like a preconceived bias that he fully expects glass-1 to be substandard. Maybe all he needs to do in that case is crack open a new bottle right after he gets ahome and reseal it after 5 mins without taking a glass. That would make everything fine and dandy for when he wants a drink.

BTW Don't forget to put your straights under a pyramid so the edge can rest and heal. And to change the air in your tires. :ROFLMAO:
Hey it wasnt me who thought it.. I have not had anything from the first glass to the last really taste different.
I have no idea I was just mentioning it to see what you guys thoughts were because of what that person on another site said.....
Just need to give it a good Wa-Pow! to mix it up like you do with the Nivea 2 in 1.
I dont know if that would help him...
Well thanks for your thoughts guys.. I was just curious if anyone else had ever had that happen after I read someone mention it on another site....

Anyone Ever tried The Macallan M ? I know I probably Never Ever will get to at Between 6 to 8 thousand a bottle but didn't know if one of you may have...
Mac-M_960x.jpg

Last edited:
Spending 3 weeks on the Florida Gulf Coast at my in-laws beach house so this is one of the more regular views for me.

7b8f55f942bc568d609af6e175e25605.jpg

Spending 3 weeks on the Florida Gulf Coast at my in-laws beach house so this is one of the more regular views for me.

7b8f55f942bc568d609af6e175e25605.jpg
Hey you're blocking the waves with the can...... 🤪
Oh well I guess ill have to wait and then head to the house in Saint Augustine sometime if I want to see them... you animal !!!!:LOL:

Back