The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

#2 sounds intriguing...do tell...is it like Gin? Does the bottom of the bottle leave you on the stairs crying? :p
LOL. Well, I don't know about that and it sounds like maybe you could use a good therapist. All I know is every time I tilt a bottle all the way over thinking I'll just finish it off, I end up with a double or a triple in my glass. Not that I mind, but it does make for a buzzed evening.

Rough weekend and I finished off my bottle of Laphroaig Triple Wood. I can tell you 2 things:

#1 Laphroaig will always be in my "bar". It's really a couple of cupboards in the kitchen.

#2 There's always much more at the bottom of a bottle than there appears.
Laphroaig will never leave my cupboard for long. The 10 is my go to, but I think I slightly prefer the quarter cask.
Last year's Cairdeas was about the best whisky I think I've had.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LOL. Well, I don't know about that and it sounds like maybe you could use a good therapist. All I know is every time I tilt a bottle all the way over thinking I'll just finish it off, I end up with a double or a triple in my glass. Not that I mind, but it does make for a buzzed evening.
Not me Dave! I have some friends though that turn into a hot mess on gin. 😂

Laphroaig will never leave my cupboard for long. The 10 is my go to, but I think I slightly prefer the quarter cask.
Last year's Cairdeas was about the best whisky I think I've had.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I haven’t tried the Quarter Cask yet. Have a bottle of the 2019 Cairdeas I haven’t opened and keep thinking if I should get another before I can’t any more.

I will say the 2020 Cairdeas didn’t do anything for me.

Are you strictly a bourbon man?
I’ve dipped the toe in some other stuff, but I’d say so right now, yes. I enjoyed the Couple scotches I tried too. Hoping to try Monkey Shoulder soon. I have a sweet tooth though, which is probably why I like bourbon more.

Back