The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

I'm such a complete lush...... I'm officially half way though my 6 pack now! That I bought almost a month ago......

Im unimpressed. For the premium I spent on this over regular Jameson, the flavors aren’t that great. I hoped for so much more.

How much did you pay for it? I can get it for $40 and it is significantly better than the regular Jameson's.

I think I paid 36. I think regular Jameson was 28. I don’t feel it’s $8 better.

Sorry you feel like you didn't get a value. There are some whiskeys that you pay more for and just don't get what you expect. I am a big fan of Redbreast Irish Whiskey. I usually have a bottle laying around. I usually pay between $50 and $60 for the 12 year old and feel that it is an exceptional whiskey. I had the opportunity to purchase a glass of the 23 year old ($30 for the glass...a bottle runs about $250). To be honest...I liked my 12 year old better. Some are whiskeys are just like that.

I’m just not a conneseuer. I guess I don’t get the subtlety of it. I’m a huge fan of barrel aged stouts. I Expected more Stout to come through. I guess it doesn’t go both ways, that well.

Everyone to TJ's house for lawn dart and getting our drink on!

Had my Fourth Quarter Whiskey for the LSU game...okay I had my three Fourth Quarter Whiskeys. Working on my bottle of Jameson Cooper's Croze!

This stuff! Wow. I would have never purchased it blind. But a new liquor store opened up and they had 9 different tasting tables set up. It was like Cosco, except I was buzzed when I left (wasn’t driving).

Anyway this his stuff is far better than the Jameson Stout that I tried. And $30 was an awesome price for it. Very rich and smooth!

Back