The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

The wife came home with a bottle of this today. She must really love me! Enjoying a glass!

Nice, haven't had the pleasure of Blanton's yet

I’ve gotten lucky in finding Blanton’s. Recently, I randomly walked into my local liquor store and BAM! A plethora of Blanton’s. I couldn’t believe my luck. Bought 2, which was the max they’re let you buy. It’s great stuff.

I’ve gotten lucky in finding Blanton’s. Recently, I randomly walked into my local liquor store and BAM! A plethora of Blanton’s. I couldn’t believe my luck. Bought 2, which was the max they’re let you buy. It’s great stuff.
I can find it here but more then I'm willing at least at this point to grab it.($100) I'll enjoy vicariously thru you ?

For sure—you are in the promise land for bourbon!! $100 is too much though. I thought I paid pretty steep at $70...
If I went to Lexington an hour and a half north of me I could find easy. In town here they felt they had Gold. Should be $50-60. On my radar though ?

Blanton's in Louisiana is fairly rare also. And prices are astronomical. I remember when Blanton's was considered a "common" bourbon and could be had for under $30. Same with my Sazerac 18 year old rye. When I first started drinking it I paid $27 a bottle. I'm lucky to find it now for under $150 and that is if you can find it the once a year it is released. The whiskey explosion is ridiculous.

Is there an endless supply of homemade cookies at Dave’s house?

You guys don't like pumpkin. One of my wife's favorite things to make and share with friends is her homemade sour dough bread and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. That was muffins, not cookies. I thought of doing a muffin challenge video.......

Back