The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Legacy is very nice and of course the distiller is Sazerac / Buffalo Trace. Same company produces Caribou Crossing Single Barrel Canadian Whisky. A fair bit better than the Crown you’ve been drinking. @Cvargo

Boom! Krug is one of those I recommend to folks looking for a wine they can find at a grocery store.

Legacy is very nice and of course the distiller is Sazerac / Buffalo Trace. Same company produces Caribou Crossing Single Barrel Canadian Whisky. A fair bit better than the Crown you’ve been drinking. @Cvargo

In Utah my choices in the Canadian aisle was what I got, crown, Black Velvet, and some VO thing. I picked this one because it has an eagle.

Boom! Krug is one of those I recommend to folks looking for a wine they can find at a grocery store.

Grocery store? I went in saying I want a Cab and want to spend over $20 and from Cali. There weren't many choices and this was $31.99 did I make a bad choice?

Grocery store? I went in saying I want a Cab and want to spend over $20 and from Cali. There weren't many choices and this was $31.99 did I make a bad choice?
Well, around here our Safeway sells wines up to $85. I meant wines that are easy to find. Not a bad choice at all. That’s more than it would cost here but that makes sense.

Well, around here our Safeway sells wines up to $85. I meant wines that are easy to find. Not a bad choice at all. That’s more than it would cost here but that makes sense.
Well Utah State law they have to charge at minimum 45% above MSRP but can go as high as 85%. Gotta love it. Well I'll drink it probably tomorrow

@Cvargo you made an awesome choice and on behalf of all of Canada I apologize for that other Bulls&$t! Black Velvet? I was wondering where that crap went...do you have Molson Golden down your way? Yeah don’t drink that either.

@Cvargo you made an awesome choice and on behalf of all of Canada I apologize for that other Bulls&$t! Black Velvet? I was wondering where that crap went...do you have Molson Golden down your way? Yeah don’t drink that either.

Honestly not sure. When a religion runs your liquor store and they are anti alcohol your choices are limited. This bottle will be the adventure on Wednesdays zoom call. Canada better not let me down again....

When a religion runs your liquor store and they are anti alcohol your choices are limited.
Well heck, doesn’t that mean that what is there must have been chosen by God? How can you not like it?!?

Back