The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

I think I went a little overboard treating myself to a good X-mas this year and happy new year and Easter and 1st day of Spring?

Just got a YPM-EH, Tatara Nodachi SB, Winning Razor and BB SB and now all this enroute.

What's next? LOL

97f5106d102835051e0ea3b906961cde.jpg
477246f53de038d493293f1e1b731a78.jpg
0f156f785b1b620414e66ed8af0a2da2.jpg
eb7509a4742c622ac1fab0ae3be7f541.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-A307G mediante Tapatalk

Yaqi has something going on with their brushes that supposedly have handle defects. They are selling them for $7 so I couldn't pass on that. I have two of those and their Katana SE on the way. I should have them next month sometime. AliExpress shipping has the most noncommittal tracking you could imagine so you never quite know when something will arrive. I end up forgetting what I ordered so it's like a surprise. 😂

I also bought a very inexpensive Jaguar brush because I liked the look of it.

Brushes_Katana.jpg

I had been holding off on any purchases for a while now because I have been saving up for a big purchase. But, last month the new version of this came out and this one is now on sale for half its cost from 2 months ago, I couldn't pass it up.
Garmin Fenix 6
Screenshot_20220221-062839~2.jpg

Sometimes we all buy things that we know we probably shouldn't, or that we know we don't really need, but kinda want anyway. It's not really an impulse buy because you thought about it, put it in your cart a couple of times and then removed it a couple of times and then put it back again. But you eventually click buy on it.

Yup, I did that last night...
1645556319587.png

Do I need 12 pucks of Arko? No. Do I actually have room to store 12 pucks of Arko? No. (Well, I will once I kill off a few more tubs of the various artisan soaps in my stash.) Do I actually like shaving with Arko. Yes!! It is a good soap that I enjoy using and these will get used... eventually. For some reason they were just too tempting to pass up right now. The SSAD (shave soap acquisition disorder) is real, I guess.

The real sad part (See what I did there? LOL.) is that I will probably buy more of the shave stick version at some point as well. I still have 4 Arko sticks in my stash from my last 12 stick purchase, and I intend to use those up first, but it is probably just a matter of time.

Sometimes we all buy things that we know we probably shouldn't, or that we know we don't really need, but kinda want anyway. It's not really an impulse buy because you thought about it, put it in your cart a couple of times and then removed it a couple of times and then put it back again. But you eventually click buy on it.

Yup, I did that last night...
View attachment 76418

Do I need 12 pucks of Arko? No. Do I actually have room to store 12 pucks of Arko? No. (Well, I will once I kill off a few more tubs of the various artisan soaps in my stash.) Do I actually like shaving with Arko. Yes!! It is a good soap that I enjoy using and these will get used... eventually. For some reason they were just too tempting to pass up right now. The SSAD (shave soap acquisition disorder) is real, I guess.

The real sad part (See what I did there? LOL.) is that I will probably buy more of the shave stick version at some point as well. I still have 4 Arko sticks in my stash from my last 12 stick purchase, and I intend to use those up first, but it is probably just a matter of time.
Those are cheap enough, I've almost purchased a tub just to see what it was like. Smaller than a typical soap tub, I'm guessing? Can you actually load from them, without making a mess?

I might have to join you and try one (but not 12!). Lol.

I just have one more razor to complete my collection (and it hasn’t been released yet) - then I am through - I promise!

To think at the end of 2019, I owned one razor (Weishi Long Handle) and two soaps (TOOBS Sandalwood and Stirling Sheep)
😂😂😂😂😂😂ya right
“I am through”. Bwahahahahahaha

Back