The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

capture-png.66559

So last night I gave up on my omega 81025 red / clear 24mm boar. First of all, comparing it to other 24 mm knots, it doesn't look the same. By my eye, It's in line with my Semogue 22mm. On top of that, the knot is very loosely packed. Comparing it to the Semogue, to Semogue had so much more substance. The knot is a disappointment.

The bristles, however, are wonderful. Soft and broken in super fast. Presuming that's a standard for Omega, I ordered a new brush - the 28mm Omega 20102 - as it's replacement. It's a lot classier looking, has a much larger knot, and hopefully will be as soft as the 81025.
be6ead3bf258b9168a485d6e4d30e1b9.jpg

So last night I gave up on my omega 81025 red / clear 24mm boar. First of all, comparing it to other 24 mm knots, it doesn't look the same. By my eye, It's in line with my Semogue 22mm. On top of that, the knot is very loosely packed. Comparing it to the Semogue, to Semogue had so much more substance. The knot is a disappointment.

The bristles, however, are wonderful. Soft and broken in super fast. Presuming that's a standard for Omega, I ordered a new brush - the 28mm Omega 20102 - as it's replacement. It's a lot classier looking, has a much larger knot, and hopefully will be as soft as the 81025.
be6ead3bf258b9168a485d6e4d30e1b9.jpg
one of my first brushes was the omega 10098, which looks to be almost the same knot and top portion of handle, but different lower handle. i love it to tell you the truth, i didn't want to for some reason that i can't quite really explain, but it's just such a good knot and handle. this one has always impressed me too; i hope its not too light.

i was tempted to just turn a new lower handle or fill the empty void of the handle with some weight, but in the end i figured that i didn't want to mess with it and it's been around 10 years since i started using it and to this day i keep wondering if i should mess with a solid brush for no great reason. love the 10098 more than than most of the other boars everyone seems to gush about. and i've tried a few that get rave reviews and i am kind of meh on them.

View attachment 67311Been eyeing this for a long time, finally pulled the trigger. Usually I’m a little weary of scents that have Patchouli, but willing to give this a try. (Plus I love the label art, as I’ve mentioned elsewhere.

Can’t go Wrong with CBL. Let us know what u Think about it.

"Why is it I always get my best ideas while shaving?" ~ Albert Einstein

one of my first brushes was the omega 10098, which looks to be almost the same knot and top portion of handle, but different lower handle. i love it to tell you the truth, i didn't want to for some reason that i can't quite really explain, but it's just such a good knot and handle. this one has always impressed me too; i hope its not too light.

i was tempted to just turn a new lower handle or fill the empty void of the handle with some weight, but in the end i figured that i didn't want to mess with it and it's been around 10 years since i started using it and to this day i keep wondering if i should mess with a solid brush for no great reason. love the 10098 more than than most of the other boars everyone seems to gush about. and i've tried a few that get rave reviews and i am kind of meh on them.
Yep, they sell the 10098 still. It has great reviews and is dirt cheap. In fact, most Omega's are really well priced. Heck, I could even say most Boars are well priced.

The knot does look identical, and probably is. The Semogue professional series all have the same knot type (varying sizes and handles)... Stands to reason Omega does the same.

Definitely gives me hope.

Back