The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

I’m anxiously awaiting my bingo card from @NurseDave

Yup - It’s a new release but Wholly Kaw called Double Agent

”Just when you think you know the scent it evolves into something else. for the better. This is a blend that is caught between two warring factions but make peace with either side – a spicy woody fragrance to a fougère. A true Double Agent. It can be worn all year round

The scent is aromatic fougère with notes of Geranium and Lavender with comforting base of Oakmoss and Tonka Bean. Complemented with a deeply woody base from Oud and Sandalwood. The complexity of the notes will keep you guessing at what it smells like. A blend that is clean but not too fresh, spicy but not too woody, ultimately warm but not too musky. A true double agent.”

Wholly Kaw called Double Agent
Ah. No wonder nothing came up in my search for joker…. Seems double agent would be a moniker for a Two-Face themed soap #failedopportunity.

I was in until I heard Fougere. There are very few Fougeres that actually appeal to me , despite everything about what a Fougere is (or should be), appeals to me. I’m not sure what it is, that’s in fougeres, but something doesn’t work to my nose. Green, fresh, herbal, woody, fern….. all good things….. Fougere execution…. Ugh.

Ah. No wonder nothing came up in my search for joker…. Seems double agent would be a moniker for a Two-Face themed soap #failedopportunity.

I was in until I heard Fougere. There are very few Fougeres that actually appeal to me , despite everything about what a Fougere is (or should be), appeals to me. I’m not sure what it is, that’s in fougeres, but something doesn’t work to my nose. Green, fresh, herbal, woody, fern….. all good things….. Fougere execution…. Ugh

I saw the description before the label - I was thinking spy myself 😀. I really like fougeres - but you’re right, the execution sometimes blows it. WK has several so I’m wondering how they are going to differentiate this one from their other offerings. I’m thinking the oud will add some depth to it.

I think it would have been cool if WK would have released a half and have soap with two opposing scent styles/profiles that blended together would make a wow scent. That would have been a nightmare for a large production run - but would have been cool.

I’m sure doing something like that must really up the production costs - though THB seems to always sell out no matter what their costs
Yeah, they have a weird model that I do not understand. If it works, so be it….. but I see how it could work so much better.

image-jpg.66613

I'm glad to have something from Ed's estate, thanks to @woodpusher for being so great to Ed's widow.

Back