The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

On first use. It is alot like the little black bottle of "Tabac Man" I have. Which is nice. It's bright and sticks around for a little bit. Fragrantica's description of "Woody-Spicey"is a bit misleading IMHO. This is their take.
Tabac Craftsman by Maurer & Wirtz is a Woody Spicy fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Tabac Craftsman was launched in 2019. Top notes are Bergamot, Grapefruit and Black Pepper; middle notes are Lavender, Tonka Bean and Geranium; base notes are Leather, Patchouli and Vetiver.
I'm getting the Bergamont, grapefruit, lavender. And it is grounded with the base notes so as not to be "metrosexual" modern type scent.
It will certainly be in my rotation going forward.

Thank you. Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Continuing to be in a work environment that simply isn’t conducive to FPs, I invested in some well priced ball points from Refyne:
Brass
6F291D38-64BB-4DE1-9F9C-C4DF37F6EACA.jpeg
Copper
DA9443D0-86F7-464E-99FC-FE15B29F5C92.jpeg

Interested to see how they patina with use! Will definitely be picking up some Fisher Space Pen refills to try once the initial carts run out!

Continuing to be in a work environment that simply isn’t conducive to FPs, I invested in some well priced ball points from Refyne:
Brass
View attachment 56354
Copper
View attachment 56355

Interested to see how they patina with use! Will definitely be picking up some Fisher Space Pen refills to try once the initial carts run out!
Fountain pen's can really be a pain in a lot of situations for sure. I love the Fisher Space pen cartridges, it's actually one reason I use fountain pens as well, you can write in any position, very handy.

The board and its mystical ways have gotten to me again. Due to the awesomeness contained in "The Classics" thread , in the Aftershaves and Fragrances sub, I will now wait to see how "patchulli bomb" this big boy really is. I blame @ksblazer for this.

719346536325-1.jpg

1627501862001.png

I bought the first one based (Lodrino) on @EMG06 review of another soap by the same artisan
Thread 'Lodrino - A Spanish Artisan Soapmaker'
Lodrino - A Spanish Artisan Soapmaker

and then @mrdoug posted the photo of this one that I thought was one of the best titles in shave soaps (other than CBL Hello!) and the other soap - since I was already paying for shipping pulled the trigger on the Los Jabones - love the art in the visor (Son of Man) - reminds me of one of my favorite movies - The Thomas Crowne Affair (remake)

View attachment 56523

I bought the first one based (Lodrino) on @EMG06 review of another soap by the same artisan

and then @mrdoug posted the photo of this one that I thought was one of the best titles in shave soaps (other than CBL Hello!) and the other soap - since I was already paying for shipping pulled the trigger on the Los Jabones - love the art in the visor (Son of Man) - reminds me of one of my favorite movies - The Thomas Crowne Affair (remake)
Hope you enjoy your Lodrino. I still enjoy my tallow based Sandalwood once a week or so! Really enjoy pairing it with the Ethos Mysore Santal skin food splash.

View attachment 56523

Please share your thoughts on these two new ones. I'm anxious to hear how they are and what you think. [emoji106]

Thanks for being our guinea pig.. I mean test user. [emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Back