The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

No COVID-19 here (thank God),... but I have got a BAD case of the "Butterscotch Bakelite" bug!
It's a well-documented incurable condition!
Doctor, doctor, give me the news, I've got a BAD case of.... (Well, you know!)

CAUTION: Once you stumble across your 1st genuine vintage Catalin / Bakelite Butterscotch brush in the wild, you immediately contract this affliction and must seek out MORE to feed the addictive nature of this ailment!

Look what's coming my way:
Vintage Bakelite Butterscotch Simpson Keyhole KH2 Best Badger!
Interestingly, I was already eyeing up the KH2 as my next Simpson brush,... and then I saw THIS one!
And I have already reached out to Simpson's and am arranging to have a band new genuine Simpson Best Badger knot installed in this beauty!

View attachment 34396View attachment 34397

OOOOOH SO PRETTY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Golly Miss Molly!
If I weren't so hopelessly in love with my vintage Gillette Pre-War (1938-45) Fat Handle Razor(s), I would likely be ALL OVER one of those!
Of all "modern" razors out there from the likes of Wolfman, ATT, Charcoal Goods, Karve, Timeles, Rex, etc., the 2020 Diamondback REALLY captures my interest!
It has that vintage-meets-modern, classic appeal that I could absolutely embrace!!!
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear your take on it's performance!

Good Golly Miss Molly!
If I weren't so hopelessly in love with my vintage Gillette Pre-War (1938-45) Fat Handle Razor(s), I would likely be ALL OVER one of those!
Of all "modern" razors out there from the likes of Wolfman, ATT, Charcoal Goods, Karve, Timeles, Rex, etc., the 2020 Diamondback REALLY captures my interest!
It has that vintage-meets-modern, classic appeal that I could absolutely embrace!!!
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear your take on it's performance!
Thanks Bobby, I was hunting this after Frank @Dragonsbeard generously loaned me his and I was so impressed after a week of shaves with his, I knew it was the one DE razor I HAD to have. Franks is out for delivery at his home today and this is leaving the Great State of Texas today to roost in KY.

Other than a bottle of Thayers (edit: and the TSC anniversary package), this is the first shaving purchase of the year?! I thought I might lose my privileges here as I’ve been shaving about 4 times a month... 🤪 But I’m starting to get back in the habit!

I’m a sucker for fall scents and this one seemed to be getting some love. Excited to give it a try. I also have a Kai Captain in my Vector with 20+ shaves and going strong, so I thought I’d get some more to see if it’s a fluke.

View attachment 34355

Also... this! Let the home fitness continue!
View attachment 34356
Bought my wife an Echelon last fall..... think of it as “generic” Peloton (hey, I’m a pharmacist and ALWAYS go generic if available...) great investment. We use our IPad as the screen and she’s been going strong since. Heck, I’ve been hammering our treadmill on 12% incline (max for our cheap model) and getting results! Good luck and keep at it! Totally worth it! Just don’t be the Peloton lady from the commercial last year 🤣🤣🤣

Back