The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

I love my vintage Gillettes but I've been wanting to dip my toesies into the newer razors.. So I dropped an order for one of the RazoRock Game Changer razors. Opted for the .68 base. Supposed to land tomorrow but you know how the USPS service has been lately... Maybe I'll get it before next month. 🙄

ezgif-5-43a2ac29d79e.jpg

I love my vintage Gillettes but I've been wanting to dip my toesies into the newer razors.. So I dropped an order for one of the RazoRock Game Changer razors. Opted for the .68 base. Supposed to land tomorrow but you know how the USPS service has been lately... Maybe I'll get it before next month. [emoji849]

View attachment 34271
I shaved with mine this morning! It's a really nice razor. I hope you get it quickly and that it gives you years of great shaves.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have an 84 SB and OC that may go soon in my next sale so don't buy new if you want more than the 68 delivers 😉
tenor.gif

I have the .84 SB and love the shaves I get from it. The only issue I have with it is when removing the blade, it sticks to the base plate alignment posts, so it can be a little awkward. Its not terrible, but it is a little annoying. I would still recommend it though. It has been my daily driver since I got it.

I have the .68. It's not as mild as a Tech, but just as comfortable and heftier.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Agreed! I’ve had the .68 for quite a while now. It’s a great razor for me. Have the .84 OC too..that’s a bit of a beast (nothing near the Fatip or r41 mind you) but still pretty nice as well.

Ya..... Well... As some of you remember from the "old place" especially KJ I had a chance at a real one back in the day, fell in love with the way it shaved, It's aggressiveness, and got outbid during an auction. IT had been gnawing at me for awhile, so Ya... I did it.... It may not be an Original, however based on multiple reviews and conversations with those I trust, on the attention to detail and homage to the original including tolerances, as well as the Gen 1 OC remake, I had to quell the urge. Finally an OC Tradere is on the way
(STOCK PHOTO - Blackland Razors )

Tradere.JPG

I’ll be curious of your thoughts on the Musko Real Oakmoss.
I'm curious about it also. Have you tried it before ? From what I have read its a brushless cream so I may have to combine it with another soap / cream if I want to get a lather.. I dont know what I would combine it with though yet. Maybe an unscented or something like VDH or Williams , I guess I will just have to smell it first and see... I also am looking forward to seeing how the razor does because of all the mixed reviews of the head and the handle. I'll be sure to post thoughts on it too.

I'm curious about it also. Have you tried it before ? From what I have read its a brushless cream so I may have to combine it with another soap / cream if I want to get a lather.. I dont know what I would combine it with though yet. Maybe an unscented or something like VDH or Williams , I guess I will just have to smell it first and see... I also am looking forward to seeing how the razor does because of all the mixed reviews of the head and the handle. I'll be sure to post thoughts on it too.

I have not tried it, but if it’s brushless ... I’m out.

I have not tried it, but if it’s brushless ... I’m out.
@MilkCrate I'm not certain , I don't know for sure. okay on further examination it looks like it is NOT brushless !!!!!! Yeah.. it wasn't specified if it was and when I looked at reviews someone said brushless but I looked at the site for it and it says Musgo Real Oak Moss Shaving Cream allows men to work up a rich and luxurious lather. Scent of spicy herbals, fresh lime and green notes.

Last edited:
Other than a bottle of Thayers (edit: and the TSC anniversary package), this is the first shaving purchase of the year?! I thought I might lose my privileges here as I’ve been shaving about 4 times a month... 🤪 But I’m starting to get back in the habit!

I’m a sucker for fall scents and this one seemed to be getting some love. Excited to give it a try. I also have a Kai Captain in my Vector with 20+ shaves and going strong, so I thought I’d get some more to see if it’s a fluke.

66CD6F14-1997-4922-9B40-6085E498535D.jpeg

Also... this! Let the home fitness continue!
6B2F9A32-71B6-47EC-B392-4B24ED09058A.jpeg

No COVID-19 here (thank God),... but I have got a BAD case of the "Butterscotch Bakelite" bug!
It's a well-documented incurable condition!
Doctor, doctor, give me the news, I've got a BAD case of.... (Well, you know!)

CAUTION: Once you stumble across your 1st genuine vintage Catalin / Bakelite Butterscotch brush in the wild, you immediately contract this affliction and must seek out MORE to feed the addictive nature of this ailment!

Look what's coming my way:
Vintage Bakelite Butterscotch Simpson Keyhole KH2 Best Badger!
Interestingly, I was already eyeing up the KH2 as my next Simpson brush,... and then I saw THIS one!
And I have already reached out to Simpson's and am arranging to have a band new genuine Simpson Best Badger knot installed in this beauty!

KH2-1.jpgKH2-2.jpg

Back