The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

3 Zeus cotton steam towels.
60fb21ab8c26ab9ff89d788cb217d6ed.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

View attachment 32884

My countryman @woodpusher and @Somnos pointed me in the direction of some knot manufacturers here in Canada to save some cash on exchange rates. Thanks again guys👍
Well these guys didn't have any but I liked this so I own it now, good grief!! Paragon Shaving is the artisan.
Now here's the rub, they have razors check this out @dangerousdon your famous north of the 49th parallel as well...

View attachment 32887

...40 bucks Canadian that's like 8 bucks American🤪😂🤣
Love it!

Me too!

Been on the fence about buying one for quite some time. The reviews I've seen say it's their brush with the least backbone. That worries me. Still, what a beaut. [emoji106]

I can't wait to read your review, @fhalden. [emoji846]
It'll be my third PAA brush, and the other two aren't exactly firm, so we'll see how it goes. I'll give a full report.

It'll be my third PAA brush, and the other two aren't exactly firm, so we'll see how it goes. I'll give a full report.

Looks to be the same knot in my graydog quilt I used today. Brown Synthetic from Maggards. Little flop but I like that sometimes for variety. It's one of my favorite synthetics. YMMV but hope you like it.

Me too!

Been on the fence about buying one for quite some time. The reviews I've seen say it's their brush with the least backbone. That worries me. Still, what a beaut. [emoji106]

I can't wait to read your review, @fhalden. [emoji846]

Looks to be the same knot in my graydog quilt I used today. Brown Synthetic from Maggards. Little flop but I like that sometimes for variety. It's one of my favorite synthetics. YMMV but hope you like it.
Looks very much like the brown synth knot in my Yaqi Rainbow handle too. It is my favorite synth knot so far! Super soft, splays easily, still makes great lather off any type of soap.

Looks very much like the brown synth knot in my Yaqi Rainbow handle too. It is my favorite synth knot so far! Super soft, splays easily, still makes great lather off any type of soap.
Ooh yeah! I had one of those. No issue in that dept with brown synth horse knot, only the with the size. Theoretically, a 24 would act the same in splay, backbone, etc?

I am leaning towards grabbing one. Think I'll await the review, nonetheless. Measure twice cut once sort of thing. Lol. [emoji6]

Edit: I want to recall @MarkB having this brush. Did I ask him about it already? Hmm.

Time to do something to help my memory... Wish I could remember what it was that helps. 🤪

I'm interested in this guy right here. I've not seen any closeups of this one, but it looks promising. I've tried not to press the seller for individual photos of every single razor, so I'm certain there will be some interesting surprises. Sorry for hijacking the thread, the excitement/ blood in the water, has gotten to me lol.... :LOL:
View attachment 32871
This is actually a Fromm Red Point with half the scale missing 😂...

@mrdoug I forgot to mention I caved and pre-ordered the 4a which is on the truck to be delivered today.

Brand new phone very much qualifies for "anxiously awaiting!"
Same here, out for delivery. Super excited myself, as well. Been watching videos reviews for the past couple days. Today is going to be fun (I hope).

I'll be coming from a Pixel 2, so it'll be the same or an improvement in everything except games (graphic intensive ones). Camera, single core processing, storage speed, ram, battery life, screen size... All improvements.

I even planned ahead and already have 2 cases to try. [emoji846]

Same here, out for delivery. Super excited myself, as well. Been watching videos reviews for the past couple days. Today is going to be fun (I hope).

I'll be coming from a Pixel 2, so it'll be the same or an improvement in everything except games (graphic intensive ones). Camera, single core processing, storage speed, ram, battery life, screen size... All improvements.

Exactly the same old Pixel 2, 4a though won't be shipped to Canada til middle of September apparently, bit more of a wait for me. Have fun lads😎 ....

Me coming up from the 3a isn't quite the leap you will get, but a lot of the same improvements. I don't do any type of gaming on it, just Tapatalk, Instagram, light browsing, etc. so looking forward to the increased speed from UFS 2.1 over eMCC, larger screen and double the capacity as 64GB was a little tight. Google's camera algorithm is mind boggling and the pictures I've been taking the last 15 months are simply stunning. Love the small size. I already have my Spigen rugged ready to go and it's fun comparing it to the 3a. Smaller in footprint in every way but will have a bigger screen - win all the way around.

Typically hold onto my phones for 3-4 years but this is a unique situation as they're offering $120 for my 3a, which I ultimately paid a meager $150 for last May when they were offering $250 for my old iPhone 6+ that had been sitting in a drawer for years. That trade in was a windfall. Netting out costing me $30 for 15 months of a phone is a pretty solid deal 😂 Will probably keep the 4a for as long as it will hold on.

@1savvyRogue couldn't believe the wait times for OUS - I'm positive it'll be worth the wait though!

Back