The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

She looks good at Home.
f4b44c7cdaf81f25d68151bcda8194ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I took possession of a very nice haul from a kind gentleman on Facebook Marketplace who originally didn’t want to ship these razors. I then notified him of the very high value of his Wade & Butcher For Barbers Use and that he really should attempt to sell it on eBay for 10 times what he had it offered at. Then curiously he changed his tune and offered to sell me all the razors at the original price plus shipping… 🤨 it almost felt like a scam!!! I totally thought I bought a scam 😂 I like to think that he sold them to me because he felt I was being genuine with him and wanted him to do well. He did not want to go through the hassle and was glad to let them go to someone who could care for them.
IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_0102.jpeg
@Majorrich I have found your razor, check out the inscription on the back 😂
@BarberDave @mvargo @CVargo @Fenster @AvocadoQueen @dkeester @heysi @Spider @uacowboy @NurseDave , What do you think? LOL
It's a full 8/8 FBU it WILL restore super easily. The back scale is busted up and eaten a bit, but should still be a great shaving razor!

IMG_0103.jpeg
This Taylor Tip Top is a cool little shorty, but these Ivorite scales would look perfect on a shorty Heljestrand MK31!

IMG_0104.jpeg
This is one SWEET set of Corn Scales! I have an Ohio Cutlery Co. Razor that I think will look perfect in this set of scales. I thought for sure this was a corn razor, but its a sad old keen kutter that's seen better days... @Majorrich What do you think?

IMG_0105.jpeg

IMG_0106.jpeg

IMG_0107.jpeg
Near NOS WESTER BROS! I love the scales and the Bolsters! The only Manganese Steel Razors I have by wester bros have plain scales.

IMG_0108.jpeg
Lastly, I have another Nickel-plated Sheffield razor. I was certain it was a Microtome, because nearly all Extra Hollow Ground Sheffield razors are, ESPECIALLY if they are Nickle-plated, but it turned out to be true hollow ground that is totally servicable.

Today I took possession of a very nice haul from a kind gentleman on Facebook Marketplace who originally didn’t want to ship these razors. I then notified him of the very high value of his Wade & Butcher For Barbers Use and that he really should attempt to sell it on eBay for 10 times what he had it offered at. Then curiously he changed his tune and offered to sell me all the razors at the original price plus shipping… 🤨 it almost felt like a scam!!! I totally thought I bought a scam 😂 I like to think that he sold them to me because he felt I was being genuine with him and wanted him to do well. He did not want to go through the hassle and was glad to let them go to someone who could care for them.
View attachment 121118

View attachment 121119
@Majorrich I have found your razor, check out the inscription on the back 😂
@BarberDave @mvargo @CVargo @Fenster @AvocadoQueen @dkeester @heysi @Spider @uacowboy @NurseDave , What do you think? LOL
It's a full 8/8 FBU it WILL restore super easily. The back scale is busted up and eaten a bit, but should still be a great shaving razor!

View attachment 121120
This Taylor Tip Top is a cool little shorty, but these Ivorite scales would look perfect on a shorty Heljestrand MK31!

View attachment 121121
This is one SWEET set of Corn Scales! I have an Ohio Cutlery Co. Razor that I think will look perfect in this set of scales. I thought for sure this was a corn razor, but its a sad old keen kutter that's seen better days... @Majorrich What do you think?

View attachment 121122

View attachment 121123

View attachment 121124
Near NOS WESTER BROS! I love the scales and the Bolsters! The only Manganese Steel Razors I have by wester bros have plain scales.

View attachment 121125
Lastly, I have another Nickel-plated Sheffield razor. I was certain it was a Microtome, because nearly all Extra Hollow Ground Sheffield razors are, ESPECIALLY if they are Nickle-plated, but it turned out to be true hollow ground that is totally servicable.

Great stuff Matt. That W & B is a beauty. A fun project to restore and hopefully bring the old sales back. The Wester Bros is a nice find for sure, should hone up a treat!!

wanted to give the new ultima base try out from a&e. this came in the mail today. this scent is a lot brighter than i thought it would be.

Attachments

• 20231024_152025.jpg
    20231024_152025.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231024_152028.jpg
    20231024_152028.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231024_152445.jpg
    20231024_152445.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231024_152524.jpg
    20231024_152524.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 6
This is so cool! One of my hobby goals is to get into Photography in the next few years. Let me know how you like this :)
I love it!
I've had a ZE V1 for a while now, but it's more video oriented, I got it for my coaching work, and hoping to do some YouTube stuff eventually.
But in truth I just started taking lots of photos, and really enjoyed it so wanted to get a more photography oriented camera. The ZE V1 doesn't even have a viewfinder.
But there are way cheaper ways to get started if you go micro 4/3 or ASPC. Sony has been killing it lately, and seems to be focused on releasing more accessible cameras too.
Having always shot on an iPhone, whatever they say, a real camera is just a nicer experience and if you like those beautiful blurred backgrounds, smart phones just aren't there.

Last edited:
I love it!
I've had a ZE V1 for a while now, but it's more video oriented, I got it for my coaching work, and hoping to do some YouTube stuff eventually.
But in truth I just started taking lots of photos, and really enjoyed it so wanted to get a more photography oriented camera. The ZE V1 doesn't even have a viewfinder.
But there are way cheaper ways to get started if you go micro 4/3 or ASPC. Sony has been killing it lately, and seems to be focused on releasing more accessible cameras too.
Having always shot on an iPhone, whatever they say, a real camera is just a nicer experience and if you like those beautiful blurred backgrounds, smart phones just aren't there.
Thank you @HMan I'll take a look at them. I know 20 years ago Cannon was still king!

Back