The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

So here’s the deal. When we got back from vacation B Dave was so sad he begged me not to leave for that long again. I assured him it would be okay. And in his attempts to woo me into never leaving again, sent a care package from Arizona.

IMG_3961.jpeg

Now, can I say first the shirt is super cool and I think I need a tattoo with that saying.

Now the wine. I’ll direct your attention to the bottle to the right. The first attention grabber is the medical caduceus which I actually do have a tattoo of. Next would be that it’s 95% Barbera grapes which is an unusual grape to Napa. Not absent, but you need to seek it out. Now the cool part. My wife gets home and tells me we’ve heard about this wine. Quick google search and yet. We watched a documentary many years ago about it and the owner/winemaker Maynard Keenan from Tool. So here you go. Grab a glass of wine, put your feet up, and enjoy.

So here’s the deal. When we got back from vacation B Dave was so sad he begged me not to leave for that long again. I assured him it would be okay. And in his attempts to woo me into never leaving again, sent a care package from Arizona.

View attachment 116701

Now, can I say first the shirt is super cool and I think I need a tattoo with that saying.

Now the wine. I’ll direct your attention to the bottle to the right. The first attention grabber is the medical caduceus which I actually do have a tattoo of. Next would be that it’s 95% Barbera grapes which is an unusual grape to Napa. Not absent, but you need to seek it out. Now the cool part. My wife gets home and tells me we’ve heard about this wine. Quick google search and yet. We watched a documentary many years ago about it and the owner/winemaker Maynard Keenan from Tool. So here you go. Grab a glass of wine, put your feet up, and enjoy.

Really!

Dude: Russian Tea by Masque Milano will conjure up a unique melange of tea-soaked memories for anyone that tries it. It has a beautiful chewy complexity, rich with herbs, broken red fruit, burnt woods, floating white flowers and a silvered finale that cuts through the conflagration of black tea and immortelle. Julien is a radiantly gifted perfumer, the work he creates has genuine difference and a mood of someone determined to mould materials into a work of art, that will stir strong emotions and memories once sprayed on skin.

Dude: Russian Tea by Masque Milano will conjure up a unique melange of tea-soaked memories for anyone that tries it. It has a beautiful chewy complexity, rich with herbs, broken red fruit, burnt woods, floating white flowers and a silvered finale that cuts through the conflagration of black tea and immortelle. Julien is a radiantly gifted perfumer, the work he creates has genuine difference and a mood of someone determined to mould materials into a work of art, that will stir strong emotions and memories once sprayed on skin.
I definitely want to get more from the house, and Russian Tea is one of them. I also want to try Hemingway, Times Square, and White Whale.
Tango is absolutely fantastic. It is a spicy amber bomb. Petra is beautiful. If you enjoy wearing feminine-leaning florals, like I do, then you should totally sample it. I am looking forward to wearing both. I will probably hold Tango for when it is a bit colder, however.

EDIT: I totally think one spray of either of these is going to be plenty for a day of wear.

Came yesterday, been searching for one of these at a good price, got one for $76 includes shipping! Downside was, it had to ship from down under. 2 weeks, but I'm a happy camper now!
Needs bevel reset, but passed the tap test!
Hitting the stones tomorrow!
Can't wait to shave with this bad boy!20230810_183802.jpg

2 puck of Hombres, courtesy of @BarberDave
1691794062211.png

These came in earlier in the week, but I never got to open the box until now. Smells like .... well, I dunno exactly what it smells like. I get a primary scent of a tanned leather jacket and some light powder. Pretty interesting ... and nice. We'll see how the scent complex is once I start using it in a few weeks when my current 3017 is done.

Kinda Shave Related. Lol [emoji23]
6378ffc700979b735d781b377dfcf0a4.jpg

e087ccd04ae953f78dd13aee43e2c9ed.jpg

Mustache trimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back