The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Really needed to find a good gym bag that I could comfortably carry all my assorted training gear back and forth on my back in. Easy access and lots of nooks and crannies were the other important requirements, as with my current bag I wind up dumping everything out on the gym floor to get to that one thing at the bottom of the bag.

evergoods-civic-travel-bag-35-l-backpack-charcoal.jpg

Last edited:
High Proof Razor….

1674244617836.jpeg1674244638907.jpeg

Bought this a couple of months ago as part of a post kickstarter deal. Initially this was going to be for Aidan as I wanted to replace the Leaf which I abhor (the concept is great - it is a decent shaver - but the cost for the lack of quality gets in my craw, and the moment one broke and tore a gash in his face - I had it with it. I’ve owned three and same quality/durability issues with each. If it were a $20 razor - sure, but $80+ naw).

Off my soapbox…….I thought this would be easier for him to use - very strong magnets keep things in place, very ergonomic designs, uses half blades. This one looks to be of great quality - time will tell. It is aluminum and super, super light - I’m a “razor must way at least as much as a brick“ kind of guy - but maybe the tech will get me. The magnets are really cool, and the shower holder attachment has the same magnets.

I think for Aidan, we’re going to stick with the Supply Co SE - which I love for him and so does he. It’s all in the timing.

Dang that's a good looking razor! Nos?
The blanks showed up from a deep storage location when Dovo did some moving around, so modern completion on old blank stock.

They had about 1000 and chose to have their finest craftsmen spiffy them up 500 blue, 500 red. The particular steel type is on the back of the shank, I’ll have to reference it for more info. Very nicely done thin grinding for folks that like thin.

Came with a few hiccups on the apex that I’ll need to get out when I do a full hone up. I got it to HHT and push cut thru maters and foam peanuts using abrasive and leather strops. I’m going to go the educational process and shave with it to see if I can pick up those couple of small edge defects I see at 40x.

Arigatōgozaimasu
Akadamagodzilla to you, too, Dave. Whew! Haven't had to use Japanese in 40+ years.

Nil3.jpg
From Shannon's Soaps, made with pride in N. Olmsted, OH. Without lathering, I can tell the Unscent is prominent in this soap. Experience has taught me that this soap could just explode in all its Unscented glory. I'm almost afraid to put water and brush to it.

Back