The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Nakayama Asagi Koppa Lvl 5 and matching Nakayama Tomo Nagura
5143F894-097B-4104-AED9-B0A95317ACFD.jpeg

57C41FEB-515A-483B-95EA-9D557883212E.jpeg
It’s about 6” long by 3” at its widest and should be perfect as a hand hone, but fits just fine in my rubber stone holder for bench use. I love the looks of this one, especially the Kawa on the sides. First shave off of it this evening, very excited!

Nakayama Asagi Koppa Lvl 5 and matching Nakayama Tomo Nagura
View attachment 100179

View attachment 100180
It’s about 6” long by 3” at its widest and should be perfect as a hand hone, but fits just fine in my rubber stone holder for bench use. I love the looks of this one, especially the Kawa on the sides. First shave off of it this evening, very excited!
My knowledge of Japanese stones is poor and i thought that was a bit of roast beef!

T

An extremely thoughtful gift from our West Coast Santa and Scottish Lord….

1671141425058.jpeg

I know it was marked from Santa - but I assumed that it what it was really telling me was ”Open Now“ I really thought being an adult would mean that we get to open our gifts whenever we want…..So I will put back in the wrapping -but all I can say is boozy scents rock!

1671148073320.png1671148098334.png1671148138198.png

Hot diggity - smelling good this afternoon - first the soaps now the colognes!

I’ll do more thorough reviews after I wear them, but from first sniff - all are going to be crowd pleasers (even if it is a crowd of one, me😂)…..

1. The Lemon Cologne - Unfortunately - the atomizer is broken and the juice won’t come out - so I had to contact customer support. But from what I can smell - it is in the vein of Dior Homme Cologne - with some very intense lemon (as expected) - love it.

2. Mint Margarita - Booze with a dash of mint - good anytime of day. There is a sweetness to this one as well. I think all colognes are unisex - but this one especially - no one would give you the evil eye for wearing this one. Gives you the image of the cocktail without smelling like you spent the day at Harry’s Bar and Grill.

3. Mohawk Cocktail - this one has some depth and a very nice tobacco note….you get a lemon zing from the bitters at the top, but the full bodied tobacco and rye take over, but are smoothed out with the herb infused wine and musk at the bottom - well done. This is pretty classy - I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable wearing this to a dressy evening out.

4. Moroccan Mint Tea - @Smattayu this one’s for you. A very well done mint - this has a smidge, just a smidge of sweetness - it is has a greenness about it - adding more freshness - almost like they took expensive mint and added a dash, just a dash of Fougére Royal. And the mint just lingers - love it! I enjoy this very much - and again - this isn’t one that just have to wear around the house….you can take this one about town.

This one also came with a 10ml vial of Dark Musk…..which is exactly how it is titled. I don’t see me wearing this on its own - but can see me spritzing it as a layer. Very strong. Like a more upscale, and drier version of Jovan Musk.

Last edited:
View attachment 100555View attachment 100556View attachment 100557

Hot diggity - smelling good this afternoon - first the soaps now the colognes!

I’ll do more thorough reviews after I wear them, but from first sniff - all are going to be crowd pleasers (even if it is a crowd of one, me😂)…..

1. The Lemon Cologne - Unfortunately - the atomizer is broken and the juice won’t come out - so I had to contact customer support. But from what I can smell - it is Eau Sauvage like - with some very intense lemon (as expected) - love it.

2. Mint Margarita - Booze with a dash of mint - good anytime of day. There is a sweetness to this one as well. I think all colognes are unisex - but this one especially - no one would give you the evil eye for wearing this one. Gives you the image of the cocktail without smelling like you spend the day at Harry’s Bar and Grill.

3. Mohawk Cocktail - this one has some depth and a very nice tobacco note….you get a lemon zing from the bitters at the top, but the full bodied tobacco and rye take over, but are smoothed out with the herb infused wine and musk at the bottom - well done. This is pretty classy - I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable wearing this to a dressy evening out.

4. Moroccan Mint Tea - @Smattayu this one’s for you. A very well done mint - this has very little sweetness - it is has a greenness about it as well - almost like they took expensive mint and added a dash, just a dash of Fougére Royal. I enjoy this very much - and again - this isn’t one that just have to wear around the house….you can take this one about town.

This one also came with a 10ml vial of Dark Musk…..which is exactly how it is titled. I don’t see me wearing this on its own - but can see me spritzing it as a layer. Very strong. Like a more upscale, and drier version of Jovan Musk.
What is the name of their fougere Royal?

I might have to grab their Rive Gauche. My bottle was misplaced in the move last year and I haven’t been able to find it. If I ever have the time I’ll have to turn the house upside down to find it.

I might have to grab their Rive Gauche. My bottle was misplaced in the move last year and I haven’t been able to find it. If I ever have the time I’ll have to turn the house upside down to find it.
@GearNoir rubs it in from time to time with the real stuff - I may have to pay him a visit

I hope you lost a Dua bottle and not the original!

Last edited:
@GearNoir rubs it in from time to time with the real stuff - I may have to pay him a visit

I hope you lost a Dua bottle and not the original!
It is, in fact, the original. I got the bottle shortly before it was discontinued, and so didn’t need to sell a kidney to be able to afford it. That makes it effectively irreplaceable, so I really hope I find it.

Back