The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

7abf5afca02db058549c7ee91fd3e524.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club
I thought for sure it was a 5/8, huge surprise that it is a true 6/8. I'm considering taping off the goldwash and then polishing the blue off where there is corrosion. Then I'll tape it up again and cold blue over the goldwash in the original pattern. Maybe on a rainy day, cause it'll take some time, but I bet it should come out much darker.

Not shaving-related, but still anticipated... We do not have air conditioning in our apartment, so last year during our worst heat wave, my wife and I went to a local air-conditioned mall motel for a few days, sitting in cool movie theaters during the day and eating out at restaurants. But this year we decided to get these two portable AC units, which arrived today and will go in the bedroom and office that bracket our living room, hopefully cooling the whole space a bit.
nXlKOt0.jpg

IMG_6579.jpg
This arrived in the mail today. It looks like a glass bottle, but it is actually plastic. It did not fair well in shipping. I am trying to explore what different barbershops of the world might regard as a "barbershop scent." It is my understanding that lemon colognes like this are more often used as hand sanitizer or refreshing splashes rather than aftershaves. To my nose, it is not dissimilar to 4711, yet 4711 has a more detectable floral note than this does. According to Fragrantica, the notes on this one are lemon, lemon blossom, and woody notes.

Back