The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Just Received my Pereiras shave bowl and soap. A Thing of Beauty.
630fd35a2ea64628729ce90bd7e9d0ff.jpg

e4c1aa4fa620f8ca0eee58afd45b6100.jpg

e1eadd8553fe50ed67cda8fd058ed50f.jpg

33316e1b061b04cbba04334c06009c76.jpg

Thanks to @Majorrich for letting my try on his Reyn Spooner shirt in Vegas I knew what size to get and now own my first Spooner.

Hey, I was wearing a Reyn Spooner in Vegas too!

I had mine on for a day as well, actually 2 day 2 spooners
I wear Hawaiian shirts basically Every day. I never have looked to see the brands. I guess I need to look. Whats up with the Spooner ones?
I do have one of these my wife got me. Its the pacific clothing Paradise found jungle bird shirt from Hawaii like this.
pfms-jungle-bird-red.jpg
Also called the magnum pi shirt...

Spooner IMHO are the best Aloha shirts out there, and the ones worn by most natives, and not the Hilo Hattie Cheapies worn by us Haole's For most shirts they use a proprietary cloth called spooner cloth, which just gets better with age, and is traditionally in a reverse print. Most of the shirts are limited runs, so there is a big collector factor, I have a bunch and have lasted for literally decades with no signs of wear. The other is Tori Richards,

They are not cheap, but worth every penny

Spooner IMHO are the best Aloha shirts out there, and the ones worn by most natives, and not the Hilo Hattie Cheapies worn by us Haole's For most shirts they use a proprietary cloth called spooner cloth, which just gets better with age, and is traditionally in a reverse print. Most of the shirts are limited runs, so there is a big collector factor, I have a bunch and have lasted for literally decades with no signs of wear. The other is Tori Richards,

They are not cheap, but worth every penny
Thanks for the info. I am gonna look into those. The jungle bird shirt I mentioned was from a company that had been in Hawaii for some time also.. They used a local made shirt when it was picked to be used on Magnum PI...

Thanks for the info. I am gonna look into those. The jungle bird shirt I mentioned was from a company that had been in Hawaii for some time also.. They used a local made shirt when it was picked to be used on Magnum PI...
it was Pacific Clothing Company

Back