The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

... and to think my kids think I’m a boomer. - I’m hip to the jive!
02de49da8e5008b3e6b165c6acb3f12b.jpg

26F1A790-658F-4250-A0BF-CE08E90D62B0.jpeg
So I earlier posted that this month was my first exposure to Aqua Velva, but that turned out to be a lie. After using it once I immediately identified it as my grandfather’s brand of aftershave (proraso was his brand of soap, which I’ve known for years). Reading a few blogs and watching some vids people say this is even closer to the old stuff of my memory, so I had to try a bottle. Excited to try it out this week.

View attachment 75056
So I earlier posted that this month was my first exposure to Aqua Velva, but that turned out to be a lie. After using it once I immediately identified it as my grandfather’s brand of aftershave (proraso was his brand of soap, which I’ve known for years). Reading a few blogs and watching some vids people say this is even closer to the old stuff of my memory, so I had to try a bottle. Excited to try it out this week.
One of my favs! It was my father’s daily AS.

My latest delivery was a box of samples from Maggard Razors. I feel like I've been missing out on all the fancy-schmancy soaps so I grabbed one each from most of the ones I see on a regular basis. I'm really into tobacco and woods at the moment so I picked what I assumed would appeal. I've only used the House of Mammoth so far and it was excellent in every way.
  • Ariana and Evans “Tertius”
  • Chiseled Face “Sherlock”
  • Declaration Grooming “Fake Yellow Light”
  • House of Mammoth “Tobacconist”
  • Noble Otter Soap Co. “Monarch”
  • Southern Witchcrafts “Carmilla”
  • Zingari Man “The Rambler”
Maggard Razors Shave Soap Samples.jpg

Got a Hessen-bruch razor on the way. Been trying to find a couple 6/8 Hessen razors without much luck, so hopefully this one is in good shape.
Soap is getting a little low, so I probably need to order some more.
Man! I love T. Hessen-Bruch razors! I've owned several, they are great shavers and not super fancy. The bear logo is super cool! I'm hoping someday to get ahold of the fancy metal scales, they look really cool. Not sure if they are aluminum or stainless.

Back