The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

I tell you - this sabbatical - other than my one moment of weakness - is pretty easy - from NurseDave to Milkcrate - plus my son Jack the other day gave me two CBL soaps - he was like - Oh Dad, I forgot to put this with your Christmas gift.

I don’t know why I was so worried I couldn’t do it.

I tell you - this sabbatical - other than my one moment of weakness - is pretty easy - from NurseDave to Milkcrate - plus my son Jack the other day gave me two CBL soaps - he was like - Oh Dad, I forgot to put this with your Christmas gift.

Yes, your self control and will power are an inspiration to us all. 😂

Yep, I was on a self-imposed sabbatical for January. That's how I ended up buying a Karve Overlander.

Now that it looks like the Blackland era will drop at the end of February, I might need to go on sabbatical in March too, so I can get one.

What do you mean that isn't how it works?! Always ends up that way for me! [emoji6]

Yeah, Brian is the poster child for lays potato chips
giphy.gif

Yep, I was on a self-imposed sabbatical for January. That's how I ended up buying a Karve Overlander.

Now that it looks like the Blackland era will drop at the end of February, I might need to go on sabbatical in March too, so I can get one.

What do you mean that isn't how it works?! Always ends up that way for me! [emoji6]
I think you’re a bad influence on me 😂

1643416441578.gif

look forward to hearing your thoughts...
Still I’m not much help. It’s one of those scents where the menthol scent overpowers the scent initially. I hate warm scented aftershaves that use menthol, because they just don’t mesh well. The issue with this one is when the menthol dries down, the scent is faint, and oddly, not too dissimilar from the initial menthol scent. It doesn’t smell of strong clove like I was expecting, and it’s far from dark. It’s very light.

If you or @NurseDave would like a sample, just let me know and I’d be happy to send one out.

Website says:

Dark Clove: Scented with tangerine, black pepper, jasmine, amber and musk leather.

Back