The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

fresh squeezed for mimosas.
you got this in my head. Since I don't have a formal bar - I don't have champagne flutes (or at least that I can find - I may have tucked some away). So I found that a Pilsner glass does the job - XXL Mimosa!

Reminds me of the time I found out at Officer Basic Course - I was dumb - didn't bring much money (or have any in the bank - and this was before Venmo, Paypal, or even a prevalence of ATMs. Basically had enough money for the taxi cab driver that took me from the airport to the BOQ.... driver cut me a break because I only had $30 to my name - the ride cost $35. He charged me $25. Used the remaining $5 at the Commissary to get a jar of Peanut Butter & Jelly (mixed jar) and a carton of milk. Had my parents transfer some $ to my bank account - but then found out the the one time uniform allowance of $300 did not cover the $1000 of uniforms I was required to have (and I cut out things like rain coat, sweaters, etc).......so first month I was a hurting pup.

Then, a miracle happened. Found out you could run a tab at the Officer's Club and that the O Club served a Sunday Brunch - all that was required was to dress up. So had PB&Js and a small glass of milk for my one meal of day each week day and then a wonderful brunch on Sundays. Here is where the miracle happened......

Sunday Brunch included complimentary, bottomless mimosas.....so my buds and I would enjoy up to the point where we wouldn't make a scene........then go watch football with a champagne buzz.....

Moral of the story - Champagne.......happiest, most fun buzz out there.....and worst hang-over known to man.

Have a great day my friend!

Elite Razor Ivory over Pastel Swirl 24mm Boar Brush

uwp1fbA.jpg
5xxNvrG.jpg

thlcN64.jpg
NyQPIFN.jpg

86fmM8z.jpg
y7mZRjq.jpg

Back