The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Some new fragrances. Commodity Vetiver, Premiere Luxe Oud, Bvlgari Aqva Amara, Issey Miyaki Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent, and Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria. Thanks, Dave.
Ae8sFBU.jpg

Receive this knot yesterday evening from Murphy McNeil (SmilezforMilez brand). It was supposed to match a really bright blue brush handle I got for my birthday.

Unfortunately, the glue bump runs somewhere between a third and half way up the brush, the bristles are super stiff, and the glue bump bulges out to at least 28 mm so it won't even fit inside a 26mm handle. I'm still shocked they could even sell this.

Guess it's a fairly cheap ($15) lesson, lol. Stay away from SFM products. [emoji3525]

Immediately reordered, this time APShaveCo. I know they're quality. [emoji106]
28cc5aea16d9dbb13d3f9befd5895f45.jpg
a9f0800761306f08d530e871164c3fff.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Receive this knot yesterday evening from Murphy McNeil (SmilezforMilez brand). It was supposed to match a really bright blue brush handle I got for my birthday.

Unfortunately, the glue bump runs somewhere between a third and half way up the brush, the bristles are super stiff, and the glue bump bulges out to at least 28 mm so it won't even fit inside a 26mm handle. I'm still shocked they could even sell this.

Guess it's a fairly cheap ($15) lesson, lol. Stay away from SFM products. [emoji3525]

Immediately reordered, this time APShaveCo. I know they're quality. [emoji106]
28cc5aea16d9dbb13d3f9befd5895f45.jpg
a9f0800761306f08d530e871164c3fff.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Hopefully the second tome’s the charm

I got a mail call today, but I am a little disappointed.

Because I am a previous Kickstarter backer, I was offered a chance to purchase a Rockwell T2 early. My T1 has an uneven alignment, but shaves really well, so I decided to give it a try. This version is supposed to fix the flaws in the T1.
IMG_20210621_134148089.jpg
IMG_20210621_134204301.jpg
IMG_20210621_134218740.jpg

Looking great so far...

Right??

Right??

Uh, oh!
IMG_20210621_134251057.jpg
These spots are in the finish on the door. I tried buffing them out with a soft cotton cloth, but no joy.

I immediately opened a ticket with Rockwell. We will see what they say. I don't think the spots will affect the performance of the razor. I am not sure about the longevity. I can't help but wonder how this got past Rockwell quality control. That door was in contact with the foam in the packing case. Could it be that there was something on the foam that affected the finish on the door after it was packed and shipped? I don't know much about electroplating, so I can only speculate.

I didn't complain when my T1 from the Kickstarter showed up with uneven blade exposure. The blade is held securely, but one side is a tiny bit more aggressive than the other. It is still a great shaver. (And depending on the blade used the unevenness can be hard to notice.) This T2 is supposed to be the fixed/improved model with symmetrical blade exposure and stronger internals and so on. I hope that I hear back from them quickly.

EF64C17B-204F-448E-B0B2-98CD036C43F5.gif
Really though…for what’s a well established company now, to mess up their second KS...on the “same” razor…terrible.

Really though…for what’s a well established company now, to mess up their second KS...on the “same” razor…terrible.
Just to be clear. This wasn't a second KS. It was just an early release made available to people who previously backed Rockwell's Kickstarters.

Also, mistakes happen and things slip through the cracks. If the razor was like this before it was packaged, it should never have made it out of QC. It did. Oh, well. I have a support ticket open. We will see how they respond. With Covid and all the associated problems caused by it, I am sure that they are doing the best they can.

I do not need more soap. I do not need more soap. I do not need more soap!

ESPECIALLY when an order comes in, and I have half a tub of P.160 left, and have 3017ed a Mudder Focker already and have one in storage so now I have two.

This is also my second jar of SMDF, and who knows what # of XXX this is for me, but OOOOOH pretty glass jar version!

The 3 Goodfellas soaps smell awesome, I hope they perform as good as they smell also HUGE plus to them for only giving me 2 oz of soap. I can go through that quicker.

Moral of the story... don't drink bourbon and talk about shaving with @dkeester
IMG_20210622_143558758_HDR.jpg

Just to be clear. This wasn't a second KS. It was just an early release made available to people who previously backed Rockwell's Kickstarters.

Also, mistakes happen and things slip through the cracks. If the razor was like this before it was packaged, it should never have made it out of QC. It did. Oh, well. I have a support ticket open. We will see how they respond. With Covid and all the associated problems caused by it, I am sure that they are doing the best they can.

UPDATE:

So, it took several minutes and some elbow grease but I was eventually able to buff the door clean. I guess they were just water spots???? They were persistent for water spots, however.

The razor should have arrived clean, but at least it wasn't an actual defect in the finish.

ESPECIALLY when an order comes in, and I have half a tub of P.160 left, and have 3017ed a Mudder Focker already and have one in storage so now I have two.

This is also my second jar of SMDF, and who knows what # of XXX this is for me, but OOOOOH pretty glass jar version!

The 3 Goodfellas soaps smell awesome, I hope they perform as good as they smell also HUGE plus to them for only giving me 2 oz of soap. I can go through that quicker.

View attachment 54255
Bourbon and shaving talk leads to spending money. I have blades arriving today.

I also have another ItalianBarber order arriving tomorrow. That one is a delayed reaction to bourbon and shave talk.

Bourbon and shaving talk leads to spending money. I have blades arriving today.

I also have another ItalianBarber order arriving tomorrow. That one is a delayed reaction to bourbon and shave talk.
My 200 blades from our talk arrived yesterday. No pic. But they are in the stash so you know my great great great great grandchildren don't ever run out of razor blades. What can I say i'm a giver!

View attachment 54255

Remember.
621d352fcdaa08dc042692213d1a77e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back