The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Well the kind @BarberDave sent me a nice care package. The other day I noticed I was running low on my favorite hair tonic so to amazon I went. I noticed the price had gone up on Lucky Tiger so I figured i'd ask Dave figuring he has to know a thing or two about hair. He recommended Reuzel, and that he'd send some stuff.

Thanks Dave. Also used the Shampoo today. Was very nice!

IMG_20210211_170150535.jpg

Last edited:
Received a purchase from the BST (another neighborhood). The brush is an Erskine fitted with a new 20mm Shave Forge 2-band badger head.

Very happy with this acquisition!
cdb2994ae6183a11434cdcb28f4e5845.jpg

I had a great afternoon out!! First, I stopped by an aspiring wet shavers house to set him up with a Gillette Slim, old spice mug, box of Williams, Semogue 620, blade sampler, and a bottle of Aqua Velva.

For my good deed, god chose to favor me on my antiquing adventure with a few nice treasures! A tiny, itty bitty, teensy weensy, baby Filarmonica Double Tempe 3/8. I never can pass on a Fili, so it came home with me! Next, I found a 6/8 Pyramide by Gottlieb Hammesfahr of Solingen - Foche, it’s low mileage and needs just a minor buff and clean. Lastly I found a small cache of Cade shaving cream and balm in the 1 oz travel size, very nice. All told, less than a dinner at Outback!

I also managed to snag some really nice 16 oz Ribeyes for the wife and I for dinner tonight! I bought her some much wanted Succulents for V-Day yesterday and some tea mugs today, so that’s a win also!

1CA1205E-34A6-448B-B5A4-8EF54DEA64D5.jpeg59A445ED-0D86-42F2-AD57-0C23154CBECC.jpeg656E8D56-5275-40D1-854B-B079F81EAD52.jpeg

Got a really nice box from @OpusX that included 5 large bottles of homemade mead & cider. Had one bottle already and it was great. He also threw in this...
AE1E80CF-24DE-4029-B621-84B676EE5CD9.jpeg
Thanks Tony, lol.

And while out yesterday at an antique store, I found this...
Wow!
5286D8BD-09FA-46B8-9C4D-2EA3038218D4.jpeg

also found this. Not a Shriner yet, but I will be. Made by a local distillery, for a local shrine, the year I was born. Pretty cool piece!
8519530A-6FAC-4834-A6D7-EFD89F1A24DB.jpeg1A39DBE6-31E6-4592-992D-7F85C9DCA5BD.jpeg
3C08B984-58D2-485F-8D6A-4EB0EF39D3AA.jpeg

Got a really nice box from @OpusX that included 5 large bottles of homemade mead & cider. Had one bottle already and it was great.
Glad you enjoyed it. Hope the razor is good, I haven't tried one yet. I also figured you needed more Veg and Williams, it seemed you were running low :ROFLMAO:

Well on that note, I also received a neat box of shaving sundries from @Spider . Several neat Old Spice decanters, some vintage Williams, a nice selection of aftershave samples from Avon, Captains Choice, and some legendary Old Spice Burly.
20210214_185344.jpg

The best part was he slipped in a few bottles of his homebrew hot sauce! My goodness, it is good!! I used quite a bit more during the course of eating that omelet.

20210215_092642-jpg.47473

I have a box of the velobra menthol and those c&s88 myself. I absolutely love the velobra, a simple menthol soap scent and great soap. Haven’t used the c&s88 yet but plan to dig in eventually.
I haven't used Valobra soaps except for some AoS ones, so I'm looking forward to trying the cologne one. I'm not really a fan of lemon or menthol, so I'll probably sell those. And I'm not sure about the 88; I've had it before but can't really remember it.

I haven't used Valobra soaps except for some AoS ones, so I'm looking forward to trying the cologne one. I'm not really a fan of lemon or menthol, so I'll probably sell those. And I'm not sure about the 88; I've had it before but can't really remember it.
I have a Vetiver version of the Velobra (like your Cologne scent), it was a gift from someone in Italy who appreciated something I had done for him. I can’t complain about its performance but it is different some how from the older boxed menthol version. Both are very mildly scented and the menthol is very subtle ...but something about older menthol soaps really does it for me so maybe I’m just imagining the 2 soaps are different. In any case I’m happy to own both.

Back