The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

A hoard of NIB Fitjar products, from a really nice lady that really hated her recently divorced husband. She had great taste, that guy totally missed out! It was $45 for the lot(thats likely close to what it cost to ship it to her originally)!!!! She threw in the brush and Viking ASB as freebies???

A76C6D8B-AA5F-43B6-92D4-4403C8DE8C56.jpeg

Several new things since I last posted here, but these are the highlights. Starting with the frags.

dTaAJvel.jpg

UmfKTpCl.jpg

And ending with my two favorite new razors. An Inoue Tosuke Kamisori:

7YuRHePl.jpg

And this stunning Jernbolaget:

hGA3zZYl.jpg

Oh man there was some USPS drama today. Luckily my wife inquired with the neighbors and found my mis-delivered package (being the Simmons Hardware razor). Crisis averted.

A Gold Dollar 66
20210201_172151.jpg

Simmons Hardware No. 8 Special

20210201_172225.jpg

Got an awesome package from CBL today! A couple knots, some soaps and some aftershave tonics.

The ROS pucks are for a coworker, I gave him one of Chris’ beta pucks and he fell in love with the scent!

The Fresh is much more pleasant than I expected. And I’m in love with Dragon’s Pub! Holy Cow, I didn’t think the Dragon’s Blood and Roasted Oatmeal Stout scents could get any better, but this mix of the two takes it to the next, next level.

And Poop soap!!! LOL It smells amazing!

He sent me some other freebies and samples in the box which I did not include in the pic. I’m looking forward to trying out all these new scents and samples.

My only regret is that I’m starting a Williams 3017 tomorrow and won’t be able to use these soaps for a while. But I’ve got a few tonics to keep me smelling great in the mean time!
06D72C2A-9991-42D9-A7D3-FEFB37514B99.jpeg

Got an awesome package from CBL today! A couple knots, some soaps and some aftershave tonics.

The ROS pucks are for a coworker, I gave him one of Chris’ beta pucks and he fell in love with the scent!

The Fresh is much more pleasant than I expected. And I’m in love with Dragon’s Pub! Holy Cow, I didn’t think the Dragon’s Blood and Roasted Oatmeal Stout scents could get any better, but this mix of the two takes it to the next, next level.

And Poop soap!!! LOL It smells amazing!

He sent me some other freebies and samples in the box which I did not include in the pic. I’m looking forward to trying out all these new scents and samples.

My only regret is that I’m starting a Williams 3017 tomorrow and won’t be able to use these soaps for a while. But I’ve got a few tonics to keep me smelling great in the mean time!
View attachment 46561
Wait,... he sells knots??? Or just sent you some from his personal stash?

Wait,... he sells knots??? Or just sent you some from his personal stash?
Yes, he has a few, but he posted them in his threads here, not on his website.

Yes, he has a few, but he posted them in his threads here, not on his website.

Cool, thank you. (y)

Mail call!
Grooming Dept Mumtaz
Grooming Dept Aether
Ariana&Evans Cannabis Santal (soap only)
Barrister and Mann Eigengrau (set)
Barrister and Mann Levathian (set)
Dubl Duck Goldege
PAA Atomic Atomizer
PAA Sange de Drago (set)
PAA Cavendish (set)
PAA CaD (set)
Ariana&Evans Turkish Coffee (set)
Ariana&Evans Skin Food & Nourishing Cream
ee0ff968859171bf7b124641ee12d823.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

I dub the the Razor of Badassery! I commissioned this from RG Shaves - lots that of meaning to me!! Green Lantern was the first comic book my father ever bought for me - represents WILLPOWER - he always said you accomplish what you dedicate the effort to! The Punisher was the tv show we bonded as adults before he passed - The Punisher and my dad were Marines (hey I didn’t say he was perfect) - but sometimes you have to take care is business yourself. The Spartan helmet represents my time as a soldier (are there any services other than the Army (I jest my friends) - I always admired the Spartans last stand - self sacrifice for the betterment of society, and the puzzle piece is for my autistic son who is the biggest badass I know for what he overcomes everyday like a champion!

1612389878688.jpeg

1612389898427.jpeg1612389898427.jpeg
1612389962237.jpeg
1612389979540.jpeg

I dub the the Razor of Badassery! I commissioned this from RG Shaves - lots that of meaning to me!! Green Lantern was the first comic book my father ever bought for me - represents WILLPOWER - he always said you accomplish what you dedicate the effort to! The Punisher was the tv show we bonded as adults before he passed - The Punisher and my dad were Marines (hey I didn’t say he was perfect) - but sometimes you have to take care is business yourself. The Spartan helmet represents my time as a soldier (are there any services other than the Army (I jest my friends) - I always admired the Spartans last stand - self sacrifice for the betterment of society, and the puzzle piece is for my autistic son who is the biggest badass I know for what he overcomes everyday like a champion!

View attachment 46730

View attachment 46731View attachment 46731
View attachment 46732
View attachment 46733
Three generations... that is some basassery! Well done!

Whilst technically not an acquisition per say, my replacement top cap+base plate arrived from the Ukraine and I can't recommend Smart Helix enough for their customer service!!!
The packaging and presentation is unlike any I've yet seen in my brief time wet shaving and the machining puts most premium razor makers to shame!!!

IMG-20210204-162859.jpg

Whilst technically not an acquisition per say, my replacement top cap+base plate arrived from the Ukraine and I can't recommend Smart Helix enough for their customer service!!!
The packaging and presentation is unlike any I've yet seen in my brief time wet shaving and the machining puts most premium razor makers to shame!!!

IMG-20210204-162859.jpg
The Smart-Helix presentations are the best - every detail is thought of - not just the hardware - but also the tongue-n-groove box and the wrapping paper.

Is that the Bip? Looks very nice. What model did you get? The screen doesn't look like an option for mine, which is the original Bip Lite (?).
Mine is the bip a1608 .. with the apps for different faces it is an option.. if I could.get it let me send it to you in a pm I would but I can't get it to work. I even zipped it hoping that would work but it didnt

Back