The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Is that an invitation for dinner? My lovely wife has left me.

She's been with her mom and Aunts all day. Lol, she just texted me to eat leftovers. Luckily for me her leftovers are better than my feeble attempts at cooking for myself.

Have I mentioned lately that I married upwards?

Been there done that.

A nice little package from Ethos greeted me today. Soap smells good, can't wait to try it. However, the First Shave is the star here. I have big plans for that one. [emoji3]
ebf91065dafc25a565af9530ba692b7f.jpg

Mail Calls!

First, from the very generous @jbreakfield, the Brush & Bowl PIF:
IMG_20200828_122249166.jpg
This is my first Parker brush and I have to say the weight of the handle feels great in my hand. The knot is really nice. But, the bowl is the best part. It fits perfectly in my hand and it is really pretty. I can't wait to give it a spin for my next shave!

Second, an early birthday present from my brother. What can I say, he has great taste. He says this is his all time favorite:
IMG_20200828_122310868.jpg
This one is beastly strong and so, so good. I foresee myself finishing this bottle rather quickly.

Last, is an inexpensive birthday present from me to me:
IMG_20200828_122339132.jpg
Armaf makes some great (and some really not so great) clones of popular fragrances. This one is a clone of Parfums de Marly Pegasus and it has garnered several positive reviews on YouTube.

This has been a great start to my birthday weekend.

Back