The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

I don't think the Cremo stick is really bad at all.. there are a lot of soaps that are a lot worse than it....
I had one of the sticks briefly. I don't recall what it was that turned me off from it, but I just couldn't use it.

Maybe I had higher than usual expectations, because I used the creme for a while at the beginning of traditional shaving? From what I recall, the creme was really good (especially for the price). Clogged my razor to no end, though. [emoji3525]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That’s the same thing Josh said, but he really marked it down on slickness, and said he wouldn’t use it again if he was using a straight razor.
Ah now see that's the difference I think because I used a DE and not a straight. I think I used the bevel head on gillette handle with ( I think) a feather blade and it was pretty good that way.. I have to shave in a little while today so that just made the decision on the soap of the day. I will pull that out and try it again and will post my thought later in the day.

I had one of the sticks briefly. I don't recall what it was that turned me off from it, but I just couldn't use it.

Maybe I had higher than usual expectations, because I used the creme for a while at the beginning of traditional shaving? From what I recall, the creme was really good (especially for the price). Clogged my razor to no end, though. [emoji3525]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I have only tried 1 scent so far but will try the others. My wife uses one and thinks it's okay but she's not that picky. LOL yes she is !!! Well about the blades at least she is. The soap and razor on the other hand she uses whatever I find for her usually.

Not in my house yet, but my Dad just sent me this pic. I will have to drive down to retrieve them in next couple of weeks. Looks like he located my late uncle’s Avon stash.
View attachment 28710
Some good ones.... Rhino!! And one is the same that Dave just sent you. And one, is a mouthwash! There’s a couple that I don’t recognize the boxes. Will be cool to see once you get them.

Back