The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Morning Mail FedEx Call...
IMG_20200608_110401019.jpg
Both blind buys based on reviews. I was looking for a couple of fragrances that include orange blossom, and I got what I wanted.

I am not sure how often I am going to be able to wear the Joop!, however. It is really strong. The Bvlgari Man Black is stunning also.

Yup, the reputation is well earned. There are reviews that I have seen which say the scent is somewhat toned down in the modern formulations. I can't imagine what the original formulation was like.

I think this one is going to be a "one ping only" sort of scent for me.

So, I went to the mailbox today and inside was a box from Ken @Maryland998. He had said that he was sending me some spices to try out, like @Spider and @Cvargo. I wasn't expecting this:
IMG_20200609_121814294.jpg
Before opening it I was wondering why he would send me a brick. I think it may take the wife and I a year or two to finish this off. It does smell heavenly, however. It will make for lots of good eats.

Thank you so very much, Ken!!!!!

Your welcome Doug. Use what you can. Gift some to fellow cooks. If you ever need more let me know. I have 3/4 left. Of a 50lb box. Restaurants buy that size of that type of seasoning. I repurposed a spice shaker to have on the counter when I want to sprinkle it on something. Burgers. Tuna fish sandwich etc. Glad you guys like it.
Fluffy

Your welcome Doug. Use what you can. Gift some to fellow cooks. If you ever need more let me know. I have 3/4 left. Of a 50lb box. Restaurants buy that size of that type of seasoning. I repurposed a spice shaker to have on the counter when I want to sprinkle it on something. Burgers. Tuna fish sandwich etc. Glad you guys like it.
Fluffy
50 pounds? Now I understand.

Emily is thawing some shrimp for tonight to try it out. She also thinks it will be a great dry rub for smoking. I will have to put some on tuna next time I have some. I do like Old Bay on burgers, so I will have to try this as well.

As you have probably noticesThe seasoning already has a fair to “” large amount of salt whereas when you get old bay it basically doesn’t have salt and you add to taste since it’s marketed mainly to restaurants it’s ready to “use”

Back