The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

A little something from Spain

FgcxRkIh.jpg

A bit medicinal in the beginning but it is more of a mint hit I think, then the Rosemary kicks in nice stuff and if that and those bags are packed 3 of them filled that 600G powder vessel It's huge, LOL

Great scores
I really enjoy those mixed knots, they are great. I have 2 x 24's.
My next order to Oumo is going to include a 26.
Where do you order Oumo brushes from? Ali Express, or someplace else?
I here good things about Oumo knots but done with them. Ordered on Ali express and finally they said they'd refund after 3 months of nothing. Still not received the order or my refund.........

Where do you order Oumo brushes from? Ali Express, or someplace else?
I used the Whatsapp number on the Aliexpress website and dealt with her like that. She gave me the Paypal address and I just did the transfer.
I also use a shipping service.

I hear a lot about bad experiences with Ali express orders. I don’t think I have ever done anything with Ali express but I do have relationships with vendors through alibaba and have done business through Alibaba with a pretty high rate of success. I have had a few non-delivered or delivery related issues but never with orders of larger quantities. If I understand the aliexpress concept it’s basically Alibaba.com for small quantity orders so they hear the shipping and order fulfillment to be SUPER cheap. The thing is, everything I have ever had delayed or showing as having no movement in tracking for a few days has never shown up. Everything I have ever requested a refund for has always been a valid request even when the seller tries to convince me 2-3 months is ‘normal’. The Alibaba vendors I deal with are typically great at getting me items in 10-14 days or less and can tell me in advance when and why there will be delays.
oddly enough I ordered an item in large quantity an got it quickly while a member here ordered via aliexpress and never received it...same item same vendor. I think it boils down to freight services, the stuff probably gets consolidated into huge shipping containers to be shipped by slow boat but is ‘diverted’ to some black market somewhere or fails to clear customs because the freight forwarder doesn’t pay the customs fees.

Got some interesting blades today and a vintage Gillette Injector. These should be fun.
IMG_20200605_130402712.jpg

The KMart Injector blades could be interesting to use. Hopefully they give good shaves. What I really wanted was the Gillette Injector. It is not the prettiest, but it will make a nice addition to my collection.

A Schick Krona razor and a beautiful Graydog brush have arrived. I'm Very excited to try them both (tomorrow's shave).

Thank you ever so much Steve @Graydog . This brush is a work of art. I feel like an 8 year old on Christmas all over again. [emoji3526]
86dd5d11137ae82492ce03c3846c0e97.jpg
45f9f4f191348239ec153498382b214b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That Krona appears to be in great shape. I bet you are going to love it. They shave much like a Gillette Super Speed, but the longer handle makes them a little more comfortable to hold.

That Krona appears to be in great shape. I bet you are going to love it. They shave much like a Gillette Super Speed, but the longer handle makes them a little more comfortable to hold.
Thanks. It looked really good in the auction pic. It's even nicer in person. Very happy with the $15 purchase (including shipping!).

I've had my eye on trying one for a while. Saw @Spider put on in the pass-around, which reminded me about it. What clinched it was seeing @gobucks5485 review. I figured, if I don't like it I now know exactly who I can pass it on to. [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Got one from Amazon
IMG_20200605_152308472(1).jpg
This is definitely an old-school talc for the whole family. It is a rose forward mix of florals. I can see it working with other florals. Clubman might work. I think this would clash a little with something like Fine Platinum. I will definitely have to give it a try with a few things.

This is definitely an old-school talc for the whole family. It is a rose forward mix of florals. I can see it working with other florals. Clubman might work. I think this would clash a little with something like Fine Platinum. I will definitely have to give it a try with a few things.
It just occurred to me that this would compliment Tabac fairly well.

Back