The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

The wife and I were just talking about making an excuse to go down to Louisiana. She uses 5k and 10ks as an excuse to travel. Will have to make sure that we go down there during this time of year for that season. I really just want good cajun food.

giphy.gif

Okay...so a whirlwind update since getting on my journal is proving difficult lately...

The baby is cutting teeth...okay, right now it is one tooth...but man she is doing some fussing and crying. Amelie isn't a baby who cries a lot, so when she does...I know she is not feeling well. It really just breaks my heart right now.

Got some new specs. I'll try to get a good pic later and post it somewhere. But funny story about them. So I have wanted some clear framed glasses because that is what all the middle aged hip dudes are wearing these days. Decided they were just meh. Found a pair of glasses that have a blue heugh to them and love them. Brand is Danny Gokey. I have no idea who Danny Gokey is...figured that he/she was a designer. Finally looked it up...and he is a season six American Idol contestant. I detest American Idol. Oh well...like the glasses anyway.

Got a hair cut the other day...Barber (who is female) said she thought I was 36 years old. I almost kissed her right there.

Got some new blades for the mower as well as a battery and stuff for an oil change.

Work is a bear right now. But the boss is being reasonable...my worlds are colliding.

Not sure if anyone has been following what has been going on at LSU with the sexual harassment/Les Miles/settlement/Title IX stuff. It's a mess. Anyway...LSU gutted their Title IX section (or their non-existent Title IX section) and are hiring new Title IX Investigators. Other than subject matter...it is exactly what I am doing now. I'm thinking of applying.

Finished up some of Chris' no name soap that I have been testing...some of the best soap I have tried yet. Not just of his...but ever. He said it's going on the site at sometime. Not sure when...but if it does...scoop it up. You won't be disappointed.

Moved on to Lisa's Somali Rose. I was able to get a tub of the stuff before she ran out. She said it won't be available anymore. This stuff is amazing in scent and quality.

I think there is a lot more that has gone on here...but I am drawing a blank. Until next time...I hope the Cadre has a wonderful weekend!

Busy but sounds like your hangin in there OK! Keep up the good work Don!

Amelie’s spot of growing pain will be over soon enough...it just sucks when there’s really nothing you can do about it. We gave our boys a constant stream of those special gel packs you can put in the freezer and once in a while some Orajel teething meds, seemed to placate them at least for a little while here n there.

Okay...so a whirlwind update since getting on my journal is proving difficult lately...

The baby is cutting teeth...okay, right now it is one tooth...but man she is doing some fussing and crying. Amelie isn't a baby who cries a lot, so when she does...I know she is not feeling well. It really just breaks my heart right now.

Got some new specs. I'll try to get a good pic later and post it somewhere. But funny story about them. So I have wanted some clear framed glasses because that is what all the middle aged hip dudes are wearing these days. Decided they were just meh. Found a pair of glasses that have a blue heugh to them and love them. Brand is Danny Gokey. I have no idea who Danny Gokey is...figured that he/she was a designer. Finally looked it up...and he is a season six American Idol contestant. I detest American Idol. Oh well...like the glasses anyway.

Got a hair cut the other day...Barber (who is female) said she thought I was 36 years old. I almost kissed her right there.

Got some new blades for the mower as well as a battery and stuff for an oil change.

Work is a bear right now. But the boss is being reasonable...my worlds are colliding.

Not sure if anyone has been following what has been going on at LSU with the sexual harassment/Les Miles/settlement/Title IX stuff. It's a mess. Anyway...LSU gutted their Title IX section (or their non-existent Title IX section) and are hiring new Title IX Investigators. Other than subject matter...it is exactly what I am doing now. I'm thinking of applying.

Finished up some of Chris' no name soap that I have been testing...some of the best soap I have tried yet. Not just of his...but ever. He said it's going on the site at sometime. Not sure when...but if it does...scoop it up. You won't be disappointed.

Moved on to Lisa's Somali Rose. I was able to get a tub of the stuff before she ran out. She said it won't be available anymore. This stuff is amazing in scent and quality.

I think there is a lot more that has gone on here...but I am drawing a blank. Until next time...I hope the Cadre has a wonderful weekend!

Busy but sounds like your hangin in there OK! Keep up the good work Don!

Amelie’s spot of growing pain will be over soon enough...it just sucks when there’s really nothing you can do about it. We gave our boys a constant stream of those special gel packs you can put in the freezer and once in a while some Orajel teething meds, seemed to placate them at least for a little while here n there.
We gave our 3 kids those freezer packs also and sometimes those fruit juice popsicles that come in a tube that you freeze.. The cold helped and they enjoyed the flavors and the slight roughness of the popsicles also seemed to help the tooth break through and then the pain subsided quickly after that...

Our little guy had his two bottom teeth come through a little before Christmas, but the last week has been rough as the top two are pushing through. He's a very easygoing guy most of the time so I know the pain of really knowing he's not comfortable.

We make small thin ice cubes in trays and let him naw on those which seems to make him happy for a bit. Tylenol has been a godsend too, especially at night.

We used teething tabs. If you can't find them ask the pharmacist. Only thing that helped our little ones.

Last edited:
We used teething tabs. If you can't find them ask the pharmacist. Only thing that helped our little ones.
I forgot about those.. We used those too !!! Did you use the ones that were dissolvable?? Those things were great too,

@dangerousdon

although we are joking , I have seriously heard others take a q-tip and dip it in some type of alcohol (scotch or other drinkable alcohol ) and then rub the q-tip on the babies gum... also you can make a mixture of something like crisco lard and cinnamon and mix it well and then apply it to gums. the cinnamon is known to help with a tooth ache / gum pain. My wife actually used to get horrible tooth aches and I made her some of that in a medicine cup like the top that comes with nyquil or other stuff that comes with a dose cup. She still uses it when she get a tooth ache.. You don't have to use a lot of cinnamon in the mix just enough to ensure that the mix is thorough and apply sparingly !!

Back