The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - The Shaving Cadre
Brush: TSC Member Brush in Finest Badger by Eric Sorrentino
Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Coconut Water Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accoutrements - Fresh Vetiver

What better way to say that Spring is here than the sweetness of Neroli, the zing of Lime, and that wonderful cut grass smell of Vetiver. In keeping with the Easter/Spring Beginnings theme I decided today was the day I was going to pull out The Shaving Cadre soap by @CBLSoap.com. I don't know that there is really much more to say about this soap that already hasn't been said...by me or others. It's a wonderful soap and a wonderful scent. And this scent, more than most, reminds me of spring! I finally finished off the bottle of Humphreys Witch Hazel. I got it instead of something else I purchased and when I made a dispute, the seller never answered. All in all I enjoyed it...and plain old witch hazel works better than I thought it would. But I am glad to be back to my Thayers. The shave was a decent one. Not the best...but good enough. After only the fourth shave, I think this blade is ready for the bin. No biggie, and on to the next one.

The Danger Zone:

The wife and I went to see "Pet Sematary" last night for $5.00 dollar Tuesdays at our local movie tavern. The movie was better than I thought it was going to be and had some creepy parts to it. But overall, I didn't think it was overly creepy or scary...but a decent story nonetheless. I never saw the first one, which my wife told me we would be rectifying this weekend. I will say, I am not much of a cat person, mostly on account of my cat allergies. But I f I wasn't a fan of cats then...then I certainly am not one now. I think the cat creeped me out more than the "others."

It's Wednesday...and that means it is hump day! The Cadre has made it this far in the week...what's a couple more days.

#CBLPremiumShaveSoap #CBLSoap #TheShavingCadreShaveSoap #TheShavingCadre #TSC #TSCMemberBrush #Smattayu #EricSorrentino #FineAccoutrements #MrFine #FineFreshVetiver #FreshVetiver #ThayersWitchHazel #ThayersCoconutWaterWitchHazel #MerkurProgress #RapiraPlatinumLux

Nice shave Don! I want to see the remake of Pet Cemetery, but I'll probably wait for it to hit Redbox or a streaming service. The original was really good too. Looking forward to see how you think the 2 compare!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co. - Bay Rum
Brush: Stirling 24mm Fan in Finest Badger
Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Coconut Water Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Grand Bay - Bay Rum

It's Bay Rum week for the Soap Theme of the Week! And what better way to start the week than to start it off with...well...Bay Rum! Stirling Bay Rum ( @Joe Hackett ) that is! When you are looking for a real great soap that hits all the properties...it's hard to beat Stirling. This bay rum scent is nice. Not overdone with the clove scent. And the scent persists but is not overwhelming. It just makes for a great shave. And that is what I got...a great shave! I would rate this a DFS Plus. I could have done a better job on cleanup, but all in all it was pretty great. On a scale of bay rum aftershaves being my favorite...Dominica Bay Rum is probably it. But it is so darn hard to find sometimes. Grand Bay - Bay Rum might be second. It is very similar in scent and composition. It come in a huge bottle also that makes it cost effective. There is not much in the way with longevity here...but in the end I really like this stuff! A few glugs and I am ready to go!

The Danger Zone:

The weekend was a long a glorious one for me. Work was cancelled on Thursday because of really bad weather and I had off on Friday for Good Friday. I did pretty much nothing on those two days. Saturday and Sunday I ended up being busy around the house...but it felt good. There was lawn work, I cut down a crepe myrtle that needed to be removed, cleaned gutters, and mowed my mother's yard for her. There was other stuff that I am forgetting now. But it was a nice productive weekend. Now the work week starts. Honestly, I am not looking forward to it. But I just need to step up and grab the bull by the horns so to speak.

I hope the Cadre has a great start to their week!

#StirlingSoapCoCadreShaveSoap #BayRum #TheShavingCadre #TSC #GrandBayBayRumAftershave #GrandBayBayRum #ThayersWitchHazel #ThayersCoconutWaterWitchHazel #MerkurProgress #Nacet #NacetStainless #GilletteNacet

Back