The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Ooh...sorry about the pain. Don't go to the doctor...they are just going to say you are getting old! 🤪

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Astra SP (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creation - Smoked Black Tea
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino
Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Proraso

Same shave as yesterday since I liked it so much. However, today's didn't go as well as yesterday's. Not that anything went wrong so to speak. Just didn't go as well. Still ended up with a DFS...so that's a win in my book!

The Danger Zone:

Before I left the house for work yesterday I decided to take the manual pump off the Fine American Blend EdT and insert the automatic trigger! Several sprays at a rapid pace enveloped me and I danced like a little girl in the masculine smelling mist! Yup...I was that guy! I was in my office and one of my co-workers of the female persuasion stopped by and told me that she has walked by my office several times and finally had to ask what I was wearing because she can't get enough of that scent! It's all fun and games...just don't tell my wife. She just might put a beat down! 🤪

So on Sunday night we had some bad storms come through...it's that time of year again. Anyway...I had to run to the airport to pick up Mrs. Danger from here trip to PA. I knew the storms were a brewing and I know the Danger Hounds don't do well with Thunder and Lightning...so I asked the MIL to sit with them while I was gone. We she had given each of them a bully stick to keep them occupied and distracted during the storm. Not exactly sure what happened, but one dog probably looked at the other funny and both of them being uneasy...stuff happened. I guess the Black Dog...Allie (a Lab Shepherd Mix) went after our old man Chauncey (a Chocolate Dapple Dachshund about 10 years old) and a quarrel ensued. Dogs were separated and each went to their corner. This has happened before and it is usually more noise than anything.

Well, last night the Chaunce Dog was in Mama's lap and Mrs. Danger noticed a sore on his neck. On closer inspection, Chauncey had a puncture wound in his neck. Yup...it was a tooth puncture for sure. This did not make us happy at all. To top things off...the wound was infected. So we cleaned it out the best we could and looks like Chauncey will need a visit to the vet today. Since it's in the neck area...I don't want to chance an infection at all!

Not sure what to do about Allie though. The funny thing is...I am certain this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't storming and they didn't have the bully sticks and the MIL wasn't there. I guess it's just a totality of circumstances. Either way...it doesn't make me easy.

I hope the Cadre has a wonderful Tuesday!

# LisasNaturalHerbalCreations #LNHC #SmokedBlackTea #TheShavingCadre #TSC #TSCAnniversaryBrush #Smattayu #EricSorrentino #HumphreysWitchHazel #MerkurProgress #AstraSP #Proraso

We have a couple dogs that have really gone after each other a few times. Had some nasty bite wounds and get Bill's from them. Sad thing is it was the injured one that wouldn't stay off the other dog.

Bummer about the dogs Don. Friends of ours have 2 dogs that got along fine for about a year, then all of a sudden one day the dog they had first (Jake the Snake) started going after the newer dog (Freddie Mercury). It got to the point where they couldn't have both dogs out of their crates at the same time. A puggle and a bulldog lab mix. Finally a pet behaviorist told them to gradually let them out together for short periods of time and they eventually worked it out on their own I guess. They don't fight at all anymore, and have actually been caught snuggling together lol

Bummer about the dogs Don. Friends of ours have 2 dogs that got along fine for about a year, then all of a sudden one day the dog they had first (Jake the Snake) started going after the newer dog (Freddie Mercury). It got to the point where they couldn't have both dogs out of their crates at the same time. A puggle and a bulldog lab mix. Finally a pet behaviorist told them to gradually let them out together for short periods of time and they eventually worked it out on their own I guess. They don't fight at all anymore, and have actually been caught snuggling together lol
Nice to see fear of the iron bars got them to get on the straight and narrow.

Was I the only one to read between the lines that the real problem is the MIL?? ;)

For the record I do not know personally or peripherally Don's MIL and have no basis for that comment other than a cheap MIL joke. Especially if she is in any way associated with law enforcement.

Was I the only one to read between the lines that the real problem is the MIL?? ;)

For the record I do not know personally or peripherally Don's MIL and have no basis for that comment other than a cheap MIL joke. Especially if she is in any way associated with law enforcement.
To quote you from another thread, "Don't poke the Bear"

Good report Don! Sorry to hear the dogs got into it. Mine can’t be consoled for anything when storms (or firecrackers) hit. They run to find the nearest dark hole-like spot.

What’s this about an automatic sprayer for EdTs?

Blade: Astra SP (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creation - Plaide Clòimhe
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accoutrements - Lavender Pour Homme

So we all love Lisa's @LNHC Soaps. I mean they are REALLY good soaps. But all I have used of her soaps were the Artisan line of soaps. This was the first time that I have used one of her Herb Infused soaps. A bit firmer than her Artisan line, but man does it lather something fierce. I am not going to criticize too much here because honestly...I think I need a lot my hydration with this soap. Probably one of the richest and most luxurious lathers you can find in a soap. It's not quite as moisturizing as her other stuff...but again...that might have been because I needed more water. The Plaide Clòimhe is a nice woody and grassy scent that I like a lot. I paired it with the Fine Lavender and now I am ready to conquer the day!

The Danger Zone:

The doggies are fine. Chauncey did have a nice little wound on his neck, but nothing to be concerned about. Other than some work stuff going on...all is quiet in the Danger Household.

We are getting closer to the weekend and it couldn't get here sooner! I hope the Cadre has a wonderful Thursday!

# LisasNaturalHerbalCreations #LNHC #PlaideClòimhe #TheShavingCadre #TSC #TSCAnniversaryBrush #Smattayu #EricSorrentino #FineAccoutrements #LavenderPourHomme #HumphreysWitchHazel #MerkurProgress #AstraSP

Blade: Astra SP (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creation - Coconut Oud
The Ultimate Aftershave: Queen Bee Apothecary - Copperhead Woods

Well I know this is Lisa's @LNHC older formula for her Premium Artisan line of soaps. But I still think it is better than 95% of the soaps out there. I think the major difference between he older version and the newer is the newer stuff is more moisturizing on the skin and has a significant better post shave feel. But like I said...the stuff I used today is still so much better than most of the stuff out there currently! And who can say no to Coconut Oud! I remember when Chad first brought up the scent and Lisa's natural Herbal Creations. I wasn't sure what to think. But man was he right. This is a great scent that I really do believe is a year round scent to be sure. Light enough to where in the hot and humid and spicy enough to pull out in the winter. This is just some really good stuff!

I finished off my shave with a balm. I typically don't do this because most balms make me sweat! But I was looking for something this morning a bit off my beaten path and I ended up on a balm that TJ @DocHoliday0831 PIF'd me a while back. Coppehead Woods by Queen Bee Apothecary. Looks like they are out of North Carolina and have a decent enough website. This particular scent is as "mixed woods, rare spice, sambac, Masc. unisex." I wish it was a tad more specific in the scent...but my impression of it is that it smells like sweet cooking spices like ginger and nutmeg. It's on the lighter side of things, and as I sit here, I don't smell the balm anymore, but only the coconut oud from the soap. I think this is a good thing because I really don't want my balms to be all that strong. It seems nice and moisturizing. As far as balms/serums go...so far my standard is A&E Post Shave Serum No. 3. This isn't up to that standard, but it is much better than most balms.

The Danger Zone:

I just want to take a moment and really thank all you guys who read my journal. I try to make it as entertaining as possible and in some cases...educational?🤷‍♂️ I feel guilty sometimes because I can't get to every single post that the Cadre writes. But I just really appreciate you guys reading my journal...giving words of wisdom, positivity, criticism, and a good ribbing more often than not! 🤪 These are the things that make this place wonderful!

It's Friday Ladies and Gents! And it couldn't come at a better time! This week wasn't hard, but I am tired nonetheless. I the Cadre goes out and crushes the day to take you into a weekend of relaxation and happiness!

# LisasNaturalHerbalCreations #LNHC #CoconutOud #TheShavingCadre #TSC #TSCAnniversaryBrush #Smattayu #EricSorrentino #QueenBeeApothecary #CopperheadWoods #AfterShaveLotion #HumphreysWitchHazel #MerkurProgress #AstraSP

Back