The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Astra SP (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creation - Coconut Oud
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino
Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Queen Bee Apothecary - Copperhead Woods

View attachment 2009

Well I know this is Lisa's @LNHC older formula for her Premium Artisan line of soaps. But I still think it is better than 95% of the soaps out there. I think the major difference between he older version and the newer is the newer stuff is more moisturizing on the skin and has a significant better post shave feel. But like I said...the stuff I used today is still so much better than most of the stuff out there currently! And who can say no to Coconut Oud! I remember when Chad first brought up the scent and Lisa's natural Herbal Creations. I wasn't sure what to think. But man was he right. This is a great scent that I really do believe is a year round scent to be sure. Light enough to where in the hot and humid and spicy enough to pull out in the winter. This is just some really good stuff!

I finished off my shave with a balm. I typically don't do this because most balms make me sweat! But I was looking for something this morning a bit off my beaten path and I ended up on a balm that TJ @DocHoliday0831 PIF'd me a while back. Coppehead Woods by Queen Bee Apothecary. Looks like they are out of North Carolina and have a decent enough website. This particular scent is as "mixed woods, rare spice, sambac, Masc. unisex." I wish it was a tad more specific in the scent...but my impression of it is that it smells like sweet cooking spices like ginger and nutmeg. It's on the lighter side of things, and as I sit here, I don't smell the balm anymore, but only the coconut oud from the soap. I think this is a good thing because I really don't want my balms to be all that strong. It seems nice and moisturizing. As far as balms/serums go...so far my standard is A&E Post Shave Serum No. 3. This isn't up to that standard, but it is much better than most balms.

The Danger Zone:

I just want to take a moment and really thank all you guys who read my journal. I try to make it as entertaining as possible and in some cases...educational?🤷‍♂️ I feel guilty sometimes because I can't get to every single post that the Cadre writes. But I just really appreciate you guys reading my journal...giving words of wisdom, positivity, criticism, and a good ribbing more often than not! 🤪 These are the things that make this place wonderful!

It's Friday Ladies and Gents! And it couldn't come at a better time! This week wasn't hard, but I am tired nonetheless. I the Cadre goes out and crushes the day to take you into a weekend of relaxation and happiness!

# LisasNaturalHerbalCreations #LNHC #CoconutOud #TheShavingCadre #TSC #TSCAnniversaryBrush #Smattayu #EricSorrentino #QueenBeeApothecary #CopperheadWoods #AfterShaveLotion #HumphreysWitchHazel #MerkurProgress #AstraSP
I need to point out that the owner of Queen Bee has seriously got some issues and I will no longer be patronizing them. I’m glad you like it and I will give more information to anyone who wants it via pm I enjoyed the products but not the business owner themselves

I need to point out that the owner of Queen Bee has seriously got some issues and I will no longer be patronizing them. I’m glad you like it and I will give more information to anyone who wants it via pm I enjoyed the products but not the business owner themselves
You had mentioned that to me. It's a shame...they seem to have a pretty decent product. Thanks for PIFing this to me TJ!

I try so hard to read every post. BUt honestly this is also a good thing. It means we are growing.
I was just thinking this morning it has got to the point that some threads like some in other interests that I'm not into, I mark as read to get caught up. I too thought but this is good and a good thing we have the @ call feature if want to be sure someone sees something. Now I'm just trying to fill up the page with jibber jab to frustrate @NurseDave 😋😂

Merkur Progress FTW!

OK, I'm intrigued. PM when you get a chance.

A little late to the party but I agree guys. This place sure has grown since I first joined last year! I feel bad when I get busy and can’t keep up with all the content. It’s also a little frustrating because the conversation here is so good, if I do fall behind I feel like I’m missing out 😂😂😂

I like reading the posts better than the videos. I can cover more ground. Your reads can be informative too. I still listen to Peter Attia and have found some other podcasts. I’m trying this one to learn spanish. But they keep jabbering in some foreign language.

Glad you are still listening to Peter Attia! There are some of his podcasts that I haven't heard yet (not many) but I really find him VERY interesting.

Yesterday's Shave!

Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw - Agrumi In Estate
Brush: Stirling - 24mm Fan Finest Badger
The Ultimate Aftershave: Wholly Kaw - Agrumi In Estate

Started off the new Theme Week of Easter or Spring Beginnings.

@Joe Hackett

#WhollyKaw #AgrumiInEstate #StirlingFinestBadger #StirlingSoapCo #StirlingSoapCompany #TheShavingCadre #TSC #HumphreysWitchHazel #MerkurProgress #RapiraPlatinumLux

Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: The Sudsy Soapery - Twice Mint
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino
The Ultimate Aftershave: Aqua Velva - Ice Sport

Just a quick entry today as I am behind the power curve. Second soap in this weeks's soap theme. The mint in my garden is growing in full force again. I end up pulling all of it out twice a year, but the mint keeps on propagating! So in honor of my mint and the twice pulling...I shaved with Twice Mint this morning. I love the way this stuff feels and smells. Almost makes me want to pull out a stick of gum it smells so good! Three passes on an ultra-mild setting on the progress the festivities resulted in a DFS+.

The Danger Zone:

Busy week at work again. But at least I have this Friday off. The wife and I might see a movie tonight as The Movie Tavern does $5.00 movies on Tuesday nights and they through in a bucket of popcorn also. I don't eat the popcorn...but my wife is a fiend! We will either see Pet Cemetery, Shazam, or Hell Boy. It doesn't matter which one we see tonight...because we will see all three.

#TheSudsySoapery #TwiceMint #TheShavingCadre #TSC #TSCAnniversaryBrush #Smattayu #EricSorrentino #AquaVelva #IceSport #HumphreysWitchHazel #MerkurProgress #RapiraPlatinumLux

Back