The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Manual therapy of some kind is probably one of the best things you can do IME.
Modality isn't nearly as important as who is doing it. The hard part is finding a therapist that works for you.

Over the years I've gotten a small collection of people I know can help with certain issues. And I've also had my share of wasted sessions, generally that felt nice, but didn't really help the situation.

Manual therapy of some kind is probably one of the best things you can do IME.
Modality isn't nearly as important as who is doing it. The hard part is finding a therapist that works for you.

Over the years I've gotten a small collection of people I know can help with certain issues. And I've also had my share of wasted sessions, generally that felt nice, but didn't really help the situation.

Thanks for the comment! This is pretty much how I feel. When I find someone who can actually help me, stay with them. The older I get, the more skeptical I am of the health care system in general. The physical therapy I went to pretty much is what you said. I felt okay...but didn't really fit my needs.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Astra SP (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: The Holy Black - Tangerine Creeper
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic
Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: The Holy Black - Tangerine Creeper

After Tuesday's mishap with irritation and cuts with the Personna Lab Blue, I decided to change out the blade. Eye spied (see what I did there) an Astra SP and haven't used one of those in probably a couple of years. So I tossed the Astra into the Progress and gave it a whirl. With the warmer weather here (temps reaching into the 80s this week), I decided to pull out my Tangerine Creeper. TC makes a nice creamy lather that I wouldn't call elite...but really is not that far behind. Add into the experience of the soap and aftershave and how they come packaged...I can see why some may call it that. Either way it's a really good soap and aftershave. Three passes and a slight cleanup and I have a Damn Fine Shave Plus. A couple glugs of the aftershave and man...the freeze factor is on! Half hour later and I am still in the cold zone! My only complaint of the entire experience is that the scent of the aftershave really has no longevity. But all is well! That gives me an opportunity to wear an EdT or Cologne!

Hope the Cadre has a wonderful day today! We are getting closer to the weekend!

#TheShavingCadre #TSC #TheHolyBlack #THB #TangerineCreeper #TSCAnniversaryBrush #Smattayu #EricSorrentino #HumphreysWitchHazel #MerkurProgress #AstraSP

Yeah, the Tangerine Creeper is pretty good. But I could have gotten a few sets soap and aftershave that I would like better instead of just one. Either way I don't regret getting it. Just not sure I would do it again.

The Creeper, good stuff, I like the Lavender much more but in the summer the Tangerine is fantastic, good reads Don

The Danger Zone:

Had my second visit with the Chiropractor yesterday, and I am starting to think that there just might be something to it. Muscle stimulation again with the electrodes, targeted massage, and heat. Then only two adjustments this time as opposed to three the last time. Then vibration therapy and some exercises. Then a few minutes on the traction table. The pain in my lower back decreased a significant amount. Not gone entirely...but a serious reduction. Is this a placebo effect? It might be...but to be honest...even if it is...what do I care. I was feeling pretty good. I am determined to build the back and other core muscles. To quote Garth Brooks...I am much too young to feel this damn old!

The rain has stopped for a bit so it's time to get out and cut the grass! Hope the Cadre is having a wonderful weekend!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Astra SP (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creation - Smoked Black Tea
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino
Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Proraso

A weekend full of whiskers and what better way to chop it down than with some @LNHC soap! Smoked Black Tea to be exact! This is an excellent scent that really draws me to it. The smokiness is nice, but then that sort of sweetness of the tea really brings it all together. LNHC soaps are some of the most moisturizing soaps out there and has one of the best post shave feel! I lathered my soap using the famed TSC 1st Anniversary Brush by our own @Smattayu! I am really enjoying this brush and it is quickly becoming a favorite! Three passes with the Progress and I would say that I am ready to conquer the day! A nice 80% BBS and the rest is better than a DFS plus!

Hope the Cadre is recovering from the weekend and is ready to conquer the week! I have another busy one in the queue.

# LisasNaturalHerbalCreations #LNHC #SmokedBlackTea #TheShavingCadre #TSC #TheHolyBlack #TSCAnniversaryBrush #Smattayu #EricSorrentino #HumphreysWitchHazel #MerkurProgress #AstraSP #Proraso

Back