The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Voskhod (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery in collaboration with Chatillon Lux - Lemon Rose Chypre
Brush: Stirling (@Joe Hackett ) 24mm Fan in Finest Badger
Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Sudsy Soapery in collaboration with Chatillon Lux - Lemon Rose Chypre

This soap really just amazes me. To be honest, there are not many that can really out perform it. But this scent is just a sophisticated sniff. I really don't know how else to describe it. But honestly, the scent doesn't really surprise me. Few scents or aftershaves done by Artisans are done as well as what Chatillon Lux can produce. Not sure what they do to develop these scents, they just do...but I say keep it up! I'm a huge fan! I have gushed about Sudsy Soapery's tallow based soap before. So I won't go much into it again. Just know that this soap might just be very close to elite if not there. I have the Sudsy Soapery Uplift, which I think is the same soap base. I would place Uplift in the Tier 1 Box 2 category, while the Lemon Rose Chypre solidly is in the Tier 1 Box 1 and may border on Elite! What's the difference? Scent. I really didn't think that the scent made all that much difference when talking about a soap. I mean there are scents I like, and there are scents I don't. But I would usually rank the soaps the same. Not true anymore! While the Uplift is a nice lemony scent with some high quality essential oils...it is kind of one note. Not a bad thing at all...but it's not Lemon Rose Chypre!

Three passes and I would say that I am 90% BBS and bordering on the Holy Grail of shaves!

#TheShavingCadre #TSC #SudsySoapery #ChatillonLux #LemonRoseChypre #StirlingSoapCompany #Stirling24mmFinestBadger #FinestBadger #Voskhod #MerkurProgress #HumphreysWitchHazel

Last edited:
The Danger Zone:

I am separating the posts that contain personal information in it. The reason is because I want to share some of my posts to social media but it's probably not appropriate to add some of my personal stuff to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. I kind of put too much stuff out there anyway...I just don't need to advertise anymore. So if you are wondering what I am doing...well this is it.

Spent about nine hours in the care yesterday and the last hour and a half were excruciating! Not so much my back...though that wasn't exactly enjoyable either...but more my hips. I haven't been to yoga in about two weeks and back and hips are super tight. I went to squat down yesterday and this morning and just couldn't do it! I need to do some serious stretching this weekend.

LSU is in the Sweet Sixteen and play Michigan State tonight! Geaux Tigers! 🐯🐅🐯

As requested...here are some pics of the German Shepard Puppy my wife picked up the other day! I'll get more later!

Nice shave thoughts Don and I'm with you, scent makes a difference. GORGEOUS pup....................the dog that is ;)

Thanks Dave! And the puppy is a really sweet guy! He want's to just be with someone. He is a great little snuggler. He is also already going to the door when he wants out to do his business. So far a really great dog. He is only going to be around a few days...but I think I am going to miss him already!

Hah! The Furball looks like a great pup!

Glad the trip went well Don. I’d imagine that’d take a serious toll on anyone’s body o_O

Great reading today, Don. I'll have to try Sudsy Soapery one day, but I don't need any soaps. That pup is adorable, shame you can't keep him.

Funny, I was a quick learner myself, and when I approach the door to go outside to do my business, my wife just opens it with a smile, hooks me to the wire run, and off I go!

I was just checking to see if I could find any decent videos of how to use it. This isn't too bad. You can get a version of one that you can hang over a door.

That particular soap scent has intrigued me since it came out. I've got the sample of Uplift that I think you sent me and it is great stuff.

Back