The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Hey Don, thanks for the props on my garden. Really need to get going on it this year.... I'm behind.

And congrats on the puppy! I want a puppy so bad, but it's just too hard living by myself and frequently going on trips all the time. Some day. And a German Shepard or at least a Shepard mix is on my radar.

I also used NO this morning (The Trail). It is some nice stuff and I wish I had the matching aftershave. The wife's comment on the scent is funny--totally been there!

Good Stuff Don, there is not a dog like the GSD! we have had three and looking to get another one soon

Last edited:
Great stuff Don. Wasn't going to admit it but I will... Wednesday's at my onsite gym they introduced a yoga class in the afternoon that is 20 min. I have been going and have been noticing better flexibility. But can't wear the pants you wear ;)

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Voskhod (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery - Lavender & Peppermint
Brush: Asylum Brush Works - Stirling (@Joe Hackett ) Synthetic
Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accoutrements - Lavender Pour Homme

Have to meet with someone relatively important today so I decided to go with my power scent! This combination of Lavender and Peppermint seems to really instill confidence in me throughout the day. It is refreshing when I put it one and lingers all day to give me that boost of vibrance that just keeps me going! I Love It! After yesterday's just adequate shave. I pitched the Super Max and since we are at the end of the week I decided to go with Old Faithful in the Voskhod. Not as sharp as most...but I find it super smooth. The Sudsy Soapery lather is just a super luxurious lather that is really good to my face. A healthy dose of...nay...a healthy glug...or two...or three of the Fine Lavender Pour Homme and the stars are aligned! Damn Fine Shave Plus...but it feels like a grail shave!

Just realized that this fits in with the Soap Theme of the Week...Soap inspired by Colognes! It's the classic scent of Czech & Speake's Oxford and Cambridge. I guess that makes two!

The Danger Zone:

So as I mentioned before...I have an interview with someone relatively important today. What that means is that I will be in the car for another four hours one way and eight hours round trip. I just feel my hips tightening as I type this. Oh well, such is the job.

The wife picked up the puppy last night and he is a cute guy! I try to get some pics of him, but he won't stay still. I have a few already but I will try to get a couple of good ones and post.

Weekend is almost there Cadre! ATTACK!!!

#TheShavingCadre #TSC #SudsySoapery #Lavender&Peppermint #FineAccoutrements #FineAfterShave #LavenderPourHomme #StirlingSoapCompany #StirlingSyntheticBrush #Voskhod #MerkurProgress #HumphreysWitchHazel

Back