The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

He does...it's called central PA.
1f601.png

Big Momma (SWMBO, she is not really big, but she became a grandmother at 38 and refused to be called grandma. This is what she got instead) saw a 400ish pound Black Bear walking through the property just last Thursday making his rounds looking for unsuspecting bird feeders. You never know what you might come across!

You know, "Never take a shave from a stranger" makes one wonder how often you have been offered shaves from strangers. And the circumstances around such an offer. I guess it really makes one wonder many things.

I have some great Hawaiian shirts, Don! My fave is very close to the blue and white one that Hawkeye frequently wore on M*A*S*H. That's kind of a special occasion shirt. ?

Great shave today.

If that last Noble Otter sample is still available, I would love to give it a try.

Good Stuff Don, and YES!! another Spooner Head, fantastic, did you get the Spooner Cloth? it is the best Aloha Shirt made, glad you got some!!!, Spooners are like straights for me, I have to tread lightly, LOL

Good Stuff Don, and YES!! another Spooner Head, fantastic, did you get the Spooner Cloth? it is the best Aloha Shirt made, glad you got some!!!, Spooners are like straights for me, I have to tread lightly, LOL
I most definitely did! I will likely show case my shirts on Fridays if I can wear it to work! I'll take pics too. Yeah, the Spooner Cloth is a must have though. You are right...Reyn Spooner makes the absolute best Hawaiian Shirts.

Huh?!? Another AD? What isn't for you Dave!? LOL

It's ok to admit that you have a minivan addiction as well....we know you love driving that thing around.

Them there is fighting words!

No shave today gents. But I did lather with the Noble Otter Lonestar soap so I can get a better feel for it. It's an incredibly easy lather...really very good. I think there is also a very large margin for error as far as the water goes. This one really can take on your preference as far as how thin or thick you like the lather. Either outcome is going to be slick. Anyway, I'll get another two shaves in with it likely and then do a final review.

I have never really been a Hawaiian Shirt guy. I prefer plain basic neutral colors. My socks is where I have fun. Wearing my Banana ones again today.

Well you need to start! But if you are wearing Banana Socks, I guess it's not all that bad.

Great set up(especially the brush
1f60b.png
) and shave, Don. Noble Otter sounds like a winner. I have a couple of Hawaiian shirts, but they never get used. I'm like Chad, plain basic colors for the most part.

You need to start using them! You will find that once you start wearing them you just can't stop. Plus, you can be the only brush turner in Flint, MI who wears a Hawaiian Shirt!

No Hawaiian shirts here either Don. Sorry. But I do have three to four knives on me at any given time, except when sleeping.

ANd why don't you have them on you when sleeping?

Nice initial views on the Noble Otter soap Don!

Thanks! More to come!

You know, "Never take a shave from a stranger" makes one wonder how often you have been offered shaves from strangers. And the circumstances around such an offer. I guess it really makes one wonder many things.

Not sure if you know my back ground or not. But if I told you...then I would have to kill you.
1f60e.png
I kid. But really, I will build this story up so much and not tell anyone. And one day, I will give in and let everyone know...and it will be disappointing!

I have some great Hawaiian shirts, Don! My fave is very close to the blue and white one that Hawkeye frequently wore on M*A*S*H. That's kind of a special occasion shirt.
1f60a.png

Sounds like a great shirt! Sounds like a great shirt that needs to be worn more often!

Thanks guys for commenting...I'll get more to you all tomorrow!

Razor: 1962 Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Nacet Stainless (3rd Shave)
Soap/cream: Nobel Otter - Lonestar
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Two Band Silver Tip Badger
Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
After the Aftershave: Nobel Otter - Lonestar

No Pic today gents...pretty much same set up.

Continuing to test out the Noble Otter shave soap, and though I am not ready to give the full review yet, I am ready to say that this is some really good stuff. I have decided for now (of course until something else better comes along) this soap will make it into the rotation. It is really good stuff. But I have talked all week about this soap and I will likely have one more shave with it to form my overall opinion. But if you are on the fence about this stuff...don't be. I really think it is up there with the best of them.

The Danger Zone

Keeping with shaving...did anyone else see that The Holy Black will be releasing a Tangerine Creeper soon? I have never used any of their stuff, but from the ravings of the likes of Jim @WildWest74 and others...this is a soap I don't want to miss out on!

I made my yogurt that I was talking about. The first batch I killed my culture. So I had to try another batch. This one came out pretty good. It tastes like a slightly tangier cream cheese...just not as think. I am on my fourth morning eating a half of a cup or more. I have been putting chia seeds and some Matcha in it with a pinch of Monk Fruit Sweetener. So far I haven't noticed any benefit...but again, I have only been on it for a few days.

Anyway...I'm running off to read the rest of the journals so y'all have a wonderful day!

Good stuff Don. Very nice read. I did read about the Tangerine Creeper. Makes me wonder if a lime one will ever happen

Razor: 1962 Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Nacet Stainless (3rd Shave)
Soap/cream: Nobel Otter - Lonestar
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Two Band Silver Tip Badger
Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
After the Aftershave: Nobel Otter - Lonestar

No Pic today gents...pretty much same set up.

Continuing to test out the Noble Otter shave soap, and though I am not ready to give the full review yet, I am ready to say that this is some really good stuff. I have decided for now (of course until something else better comes along) this soap will make it into the rotation. It is really good stuff. But I have talked all week about this soap and I will likely have one more shave with it to form my overall opinion. But if you are on the fence about this stuff...don't be. I really think it is up there with the best of them.

The Danger Zone

Keeping with shaving...did anyone else see that The Holy Black will be releasing a Tangerine Creeper soon? I have never used any of their stuff, but from the ravings of the likes of Jim @WildWest74 and others...this is a soap I don't want to miss out on!

I made my yogurt that I was talking about. The first batch I killed my culture. So I had to try another batch. This one came out pretty good. It tastes like a slightly tangier cream cheese...just not as think. I am on my fourth morning eating a half of a cup or more. I have been putting chia seeds and some Matcha in it with a pinch of Monk Fruit Sweetener. So far I haven't noticed any benefit...but again, I have only been on it for a few days.

Anyway...I'm running off to read the rest of the journals so y'all have a wonderful day!

Nice entry Don...I'll have to look at that soap sometime in the future, sounds very promising!! I did see that THB is working on the latest small batch release. Might have to make a late night (read: morning) to get in on it. LOL ANOTHER CREEPER SOAP! YESS!!!!!!!

Great observations on the soap, and great shave Don. Yogurt is very simple to make as long as your culture is alive. Better living through microbiology!

Good shave Don!

My wife makes a good cold pudding out of chia seeds, milk, and some vanilla/coconut flavoring I think. Tastes great and is much more healthy than that packaged jello stuff.

Back