The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Great shave Don, beef tallow for the win!

Thanks for the open invitation for a sample, very generous. I’ll take a pass this time, not much of a flower guy, and I have a hay allergy lol.

Great shave Don, beef tallow for the win!

Thanks for the open invitation for a sample, very generous. I’ll take a pass this time, not much of a flower guy, and I have a hay allergy lol.

That's hilarious. I guess my description didn't do it justice. I can't make out flowers specifically. It just smells like when everything is in bloom. It's the air in general I think. My wife took a sniff and she thought that leather was the prominent note.

Still have two sample sets left for those who want to try Noble Otter Lonestar.

Trying to catch up in some of my reading Don, and the first post that it went to was posted 25 days ago. Jeesh, sorry I have been away for so long. At any rate, I got caught up on the past couple of shaves, and will have to call it good. The Lonestar sounds divine, and I look forward to your full video review of it.

Trying to catch up in some of my reading Don, and the first post that it went to was posted 25 days ago. Jeesh, sorry I have been away for so long. At any rate, I got caught up on the past couple of shaves, and will have to call it good. The Lonestar sounds divine, and I look forward to your full video review of it.

Thanks Walt!

Catching up Don, some great reads, and glad the boss is healing well, and don't be modest you were the onus behind the MWCS, I was just the broker, LOL God stuff in this journal for sure, and yest we have flesh burning heat, but you have humidity, I will take the dry heat all day long

Catching up Don, some great reads, and glad the boss is healing well, and don't be modest you were the onus behind the MWCS, I was just the broker, LOL God stuff in this journal for sure, and yest we have flesh burning heat, but you have humidity, I will take the dry heat all day long
To be honest...I would take the dry heat myself. Every summer I am here in Louisiana I ask myself why I still live here? Thanks Dave for the kind words!

Great shave. Noble Otter sounds great.
Thanks Doug! I still have a sample set left if you want to try it out?

Razor: 1962 Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Nacet Stainless (New Blade)
Soap/cream: Nobel Otter - Lonestar
Brush: Sorrentino Brush with AP Co. Tuxedo Knot
Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
After the Aftershave: Nobel Otter - Lonestar

No Pic today guys...sorry.

In continuance of testing out my Noble Otter Lonestar soap and aftershave, I kept everything the same. Well, that is everything but the brush. I had every intention to use my Rudy Vey Shavemac Two Band Silver Tip, but when I got out of the shower, I saw that I had poured the water into my Old Spice Mug for the brush to soak...but didn't actually put the brush in the mug. I feel like Charlie Brown this morning...

But all is well...The Eric Sorrentino Brush is just as good (maybe better...just don't let it get to his head...). Anyway, Lathered, shaved, rinsed, repeated. I did performed the elusive 3.5 pass shave today. I rarely do a true WtG, XtG, and AtG shave on both cheeks and neck, but I decided to today. The half pass was a North/South pass on my neck at the end. All was well in the world. No BBS for me...except on the cheeks. The neck is a different animal. Today's shave confirmed that for me chase a BBS on my neck is futile and a waste of time and good lather. So the shave all in all is a DFS ++.

Since I am gathering anecdotal evidence on this soap and aftershave, I guess I will talk a little about it. But just a little. I am saving for the big review. Anyway...I still think it is Super Slick...like Mystic Water Slick. The scent is fresh and strong throughout the shave...but not overpowering. It provides good protection. Residual Slickness and Post Sh
ave Feel are off the Charts. This is definitely one of the most moisturizing soaps. The aftershave ain't bad either. I will say, upon application I do get a bit of a burn from the AS. Definitely in the Captain's Choice Cat of Nine Tails variety...maybe more. But it quickly dissipates and my face feels fresh again. The scent on the AS lasts a good while. I haven't determined how long exactly, but it is definitely more than half a day. So there is some longevity here. Anyway...shave went well and I will have more on this later.

The Danger Zone

Got a couple Reyn Spooner Hawaiian Shirts in last night that the wife purchased for me a couple of weeks ago. These are some really awesome Hawaiian Shirts. I'm not going to say they are the Original Aloha Shirt...but they have been around a long time and are considered one of THE Hawaiian/Aloha shirts. Got these for about half price elsewhere on the internet and I am wondering why I don't get some more. I'll get pics up when I have time...and this smells like another good thread to start. Why not? There is already a Sock of the Day thread and a Graphic Tee thread...let's show of our Aloha Shirts!

Anyway...busy day at work today gents...so I will let you all go. Thanks for reading my ramblings! Have a wonderful Day!

Good read Don. Looks like the Noble Otter is working out real well. And honestly synthetic brushes are just so good now you really don't need boar or badger.

I have never really been a Hawaiian Shirt guy. I prefer plain basic neutral colors. My socks is where I have fun. Wearing my Banana ones again today.

Great set up(especially the brush
1f60b.png
) and shave, Don. Noble Otter sounds like a winner. I have a couple of Hawaiian shirts, but they never get used. I'm like Chad, plain basic colors for the most part.

No Hawaiian shirts here either Don. Sorry. But I do have three to four knives on me at any given time, except when sleeping.

Back