The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Okay...so here are some pics from my DC trip.

The first night the wife and I ate at a French restaurant within walking distance from where were staying called Montmarte. I had the Seafood Stew and the wife had the Sea Scallops. Of course wee needed a bottle of wine also (in this case...a half bottle).

Went to Ford's Theater also...

The American History Museum had some interesting finds also...

Went to the National Archives to see the Declaration of Independence, The US Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. They also had on exhibit an original Magna Carta that I was stoked to see! Couldn't take pics of any of it though...so here is the building...

Went to the Eastern Market and really made me wish I had a meat and fish market like this where I live...

Ate at a place Called Filomena which is a DC favorite and has hosted many a celebrity and president. The food pics didn't come out too well. But in the window you can see a lady making home made pasta!

And then the most memorable place we went to was the Holocaust Museum. A lot of stuff in there and to be honest...I wasn't in the mood to take a lot of pics. But their were a couple of things that were a little more moving to me than other exhibits. I am really glad I went...and I learned a lot. But I never want to go back again. I don't think my heart could take it.

Back