The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Oh boy Don it ladies pants or this... what is worse LOL

I have no idea what you mean ..
1f604.png

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: The Sudsy Soapery - Lavender and Peppermint
Brush: TSC Member Brush, the "Luca Brasi" by Eric Sorrentino (@Smattayu) in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Lavender Pour Homme

A super quick entry today. I didn't exactly wake up late, but I am not sure where the time went. Tried to rush through the shave this morning and just did a two passer (north, south, and north again). I ended up with more blood than I like and the shave is not smooth at all. Oh well, I doubt anyone will notice but me. Pretty much the only redeeming aspect of my shave would be the scent of this soap and aftershave together. That Lave
nder and Peppermint for some reason just really appeals to me.

The Danger Zone:

Watched the LSU/Tennessee basketball game on Friday and boy was it a good one. All in all it was a fairly clean game...it went into overtime...and my Tigers prevailed! That makes it a three way tie at the top of the SEC for first place. Kentucky, LSU, and Tennessee!

Hope the Cadre starts their week of with a bang! My Monday and Tuesday are going to be really busy ones!

Bummer about the rough shave Don. Hopefully it doesn’t start a trend around here. Seems like once someone posts about a less than stellar shave everyone else follows suit lol.

Have a great day, chugging along through work items Don! Hope it goes smoother than your shave
1f602.png

Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Story Book Sopa Works
Brush: TSC Member Brush, the "Luca Brasi" by Eric Sorrentino (@Smattayu) in Finest Badger
The Antepenultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Penultimate Aftershave: A&E - Shave Serum No. 3
The Ultimate Aftershave : Fine Accoutrements - American Blend

Today's shave was much better than yesterday's. But only two shaves into this blade an I am wondering if I am not crazy about it. It's plenty sharp, but I don't think it is incredibly smooth. It just feels like it was scratching a bit more than blades usually do. Before the next shave I will inspect the blade and see if quality control might be an issue. All that said, I came ou
t with pretty good shave. I'll call it a DFS+. What is odd about the shave though is that the neck area is pretty darn smooth while my face is a bit more rough than usual. It's still pretty smooth...just not as smooth as it usually is. Still, my shave is definitely better than many.

Visions and Revisions is a seriously great scent with the tea and citrus scent. The soap base is fantastic also! This is definitely an upper tier one soap and I am not sure why I don't toss it into Elite status. There are probably only a dew other soaps that have better Post Shave Feel or moisturizing properties.

The Danger Zone:

Busy day at work today...but I guess When isn't it. But I have to finish up this one case before I leave for DC. I have one last interview and I am hoping that is what I really need to complete this report. I was supposed to have Wednesday off so I could get ready for my trip. But I might have to go into work for a half a day to either finish this report up or couple others that I have to add just some finalities but are otherwise finished.

It's Tuesday and one more day closer to the weekend Cadre! I have noticed some new faces on TSC and am happy to see the growth of this place! Have a wonderful day Ladies and Gents!

Nice shave Don. I tried that particular blade out a few months back and remember not really caring for it. So far I don't think I’ve cone across a Gillette blade that I would choose as an everyday blade.

I remember using that blade from a sampler I bought early on, and not being impressed. Of course, my technique back then was rudimentary, so it's not really an objective assessment. Enjoy your shaves!

Hope the last interview goes well Don! Good job getting all your work buttoned up for vacation!

Blade: SuperMax Platinum Plus (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw - King of Oud
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Wholly Kaw - King of Oud

Not a lot to say this morning. I'm trying to take a look around our new diggs. Hadn't shaved in about a week so there was plenty of stubble to deal with. The Progress and the new blade made quick work of the beard and I ended up with a DFS+. I love this scent and while I don't prescribe to any particular scent for any particular year...I think King of Oud just smells better when the weather is cooler!

The Danger Zone:

The New TSC looks great and is well worth the wait. Though I was home with little to do the past couple of days and I was hoping to spend some quality time with the Cadre. Oh well, I guess I will find the time this weekend!

Returning to work today...so there is that. But I hope the Cadre has a wonderful day!

Loved all the pictures of your trip to DC. Hope you are finding your way around the digs easily.

Sounds like you pulled off all those interviews well enough! Hope you get your R&R time this weekend!

Loved all the pictures of your trip to DC. Hope you are finding your way around the digs easily.
Hadn’t shaved for a week?!? You feeling ok buddy? 😂😂😂

I was following along on Facebook and your trip looked great!

Thanks guys...the trip was great. A little fast and furious...but over all a really good one. As soon as I have time I'll post some pics here for those that didn't see them on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you imagine the hair on that animal??

Why yes...Yes I can! 🦊🦝🐻🐼🐨🐵🐺🐗🦍

Maybe he's trying to make a custom Don Hair brush!

Maybe I am trying to knit a sweater for you? Getting an early start on the exchange!

Sounds like you pulled off all those interviews well enough! Hope you get your R&R time this weekend!

Eh...rest and/or relaxation is overrated!

Back