The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Great shave Don. I love the veins in that counter top. I could make some killer axes out of that stuff. I love counter tops with character.

Out of curiosity, do they ever give you a case and say "Eh, no rush on this one. Take your time and whenever you get to it is fine."?

Great shave Don. I love the veins in that counter top. I could make some killer axes out of that stuff. I love counter tops with character.

Thanks! I think was called Black Galaxy? The wife and I had to renovate the house a few years ago and I really wanted soap stone. The problem is soap stone is super expensive and high maintenance. We were able to find this "granite" for a really good deal.

Thanks! I think was called Black Galaxy? The wife and I had to renovate the house a few years ago and I really wanted soap stone. The problem is soap stone is super expensive and high maintenance. We were able to find this "granite" for a really good deal.

Soapstone is beautiful, but very easy to scratch and chip and gouge. I've made some replica soapstone bowls before and it's easy to carve with a sharp metal knife. You'll be glad you went with something harder.

Back