The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Mekur Progress
Blade: Nacet (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: CBL - Orange Frankincense with Hemp Oil
Brush: TSC Member Brush the "Luca Brasi" by Eric Sorrentino in Finest Badger
The Preantepenultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Antepenultimate Aftershave: A&E- Shave Serum No. 3
The Penultimate Aftershave: Fine Accoutrements - Platinum
The Ultimate Aftershave : Fine Accoutrements - Platinum EdT
01000111 00110101 00110101
Same Soap from last time and how do i love this stuff! Different blade though. Decided to cancel the One Blade for February as I seriously am having issues using much of the same product over and over and over again. [/QUOTE
]
I've though about dropping out, but I'm committed.... (take that however you will, lol)
Honestly, to me, the blade is the least important part of my shave. I could use the same blade every day for the rest of my live and it wouldn't bother me one bit. I just need a good blade, I don't care about variety there. When I'm shaving, I'm not really thinking about the blade. Just the razor and the soap really.

I've though about dropping out, but I'm committed.... (take that however you will, lol)
Honestly, to me, the blade is the least important part of my shave. I could use the same blade every day for the rest of my live and it wouldn't bother me one bit. I just need a good blade, I don't care about variety there. When I'm shaving, I'm not really thinking about the blade. Just the razor and the soap really.
I agree with what you said KJ. Just wish I wasn't away on the 1st and stuck picking the Sputnik for a month plus. I'll ride it out also though for your stated reasons.

Good shave Don. I saw the Netflix promo for the Umbrella Academy, it does look interesting!

Safe travels this week!

I guess I really didn't make my point clear on the blade. It isn't so much that I was board with the type of blade. But it was more about I wasn't really getting the shaves I wanted with the current blade and while I like Voskhod blades for three or four shaves...that is about the extent of it. I wanted to go with something sharper as opposed to smoother. That was really why I decided to switch up blades today.

Razor: Mekur Progress
Blade: Nacet (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: The Sudsy Soapery in collaboration with Chatillon Lux - Lemon Rose Chypre
Brush: Stirling 24 mm Fan in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : The Sudsy Soapery - Lemon Rose Chypre

Look at that...I finally posted a pic!

From the onset I real
ly thought this soap was going to give me issue...being that it contains some degree of rose oil in it. But I am starting to think that the aversion to rose was mostly because of one particular soap. Still, I jump into these things cautiously as the that one soap really tore me up! But this soaps has a light freshness and an earthy muddiness to it that comes together for a really nice "natural" kind of scent. The performance of the soap is no slouch either. Three passes and extensive cleanup and I have about as good of a shave as I can get. The Aftershave...well I am just getting used to it. Not sure if it the combination of the oils and menthol or just the menthol itself...but on first use of the aftershave...your eyes will water. That is a blast of menthol that really I haven't experienced in a post shave! Definitely more brisk than Osage Rub, which used to be the standard for menthol coolness! At any rate...I feel and smell great!

The Danger Zone:

Not sure if I mentioned this or not. But the wife and I are going to DC next week for a long weekend. I am excited...DC is one of my favorite places in the world. So much to do and learn. The wife wants to see Ford Theater...and I am on board...though it wouldn't have been my first choice. I think we are going to see the Spy museum also. She also wants to see the museum of American History and the American Art Gallery. There is the possibility of seeing the Holocaust museum...but while I hear it is a must see...it is such a heavy and dark topic that I am not sure I will be in the right frame of mind to see it. We are eating a couple of great restaurants. One of them might be my favorite in all the world! It's called Lapis Bistro and they serve Afghan food. Some of it is a bit modernized, but man is that place awesome! It even earned a Michelin Bib Gourmand! A Bib Gourmand is a distinction that is awarded to restaurants that Michelin Inspectors eat at while not "inspecting." It has to be a great meal and place where you can get two courses and a glass of wine or desert for under $40. Think of it as a Michelin Star for less fancy places.

Back to the grind today ladies and gents! I am inching closer to having that one case done! Happy Tuesday All!

Nice rose scents are possible for you with caution. Have a fun time in DC. I here ya about the Holocaust Museum. I've wanted to go as I can get a special tour since my faith were there designated by Purple Triangles. Only ones that could walk out if they renounced their faith but did not. Can't bring myself to go. Have a video on the subject that I've never got past the first 10 minutes. Hope you both have a good time on the trip. The food sounds awesome!!

Nice, I’d like to hit DC again when it’s not so hot there’s a swamp in my pants. I assume you know you should get tickets to the holocaust museum if you’re interested?

Sounds like a great trip Don! The wife and I took Anthony (my step son) there about 5 years ago, but skipped the holicaust museum because we thought he was much too young for it at that point. But like Dave mentioned, I think you do need to contact them for tickets in advance.

Good shave Don!

I was fortunate enough to go to DC once for a week, when I was much younger. Loved all the different museums. We did go to the Holocaust museum and it was well worth any discomfort felt, it’s a tragic and uncomfortable thing; scary that it is already being forgotten and denied by some.

Was that a picture??? Very nice Don. Enjoy the time with your bride. Sounds like fun!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Nacet (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Ballenclaugh - Honey and Tobacco
Brush: Stirling 24 mm Fan in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Figaro - Monsieur

I just grabbed pretty much the first soap that piqued my interest. I love this soap more for the overall experience than anything. Even then, I still think it is an above average performing soap and is a Tier 1 soap to me. Probably a low Tier 1...but Tier 1 all the same. This Merkur Progress razor is turning out to be a fine shaver! I am really enjoying it and it might be the best shaver in
the den! I don't have the super fancy razors that many of you have...in time...but this guy can shave with the best of them. I am discovering that I can get not only comfortable shaves...but incredibly close shaves with a sharp blade in a very mild setting with this razor. It's just working out very well for me!

The Danger Zone:

Thanks for all the suggestions for DC. I was aware that we needed tickets to the Holocaust Museum, but I am thinking that it might not make it on the list. I always try to make a trip to Arlington National Cemetery while I am in the Capitol area. If there is anywhere on this planet that I feel close to God it is there. I know it will seem corny to some...but Arlington is the most humbling place on this planet that I have seen, and a place that my spirit just awakes. It's hard to explain.

We had some thunderstorms move through our area yesterday and last night, and Allie Monster, as I affectionately call my black dog and the largest of the Danger Hounds, was not a happy camper. She would bark...and then Chauncey would bark (Chauncey is the smallest of the Danger Hounds)...then they both would bark...barkity bark bark bark! Needless to say...I didn't get a well rested night of sleep. Ne need to worry though...copious amount of coffee this morning as well as my coconut oil (yeah...coconut oil gives me energy...I'll explain that sometime) and all should be well!

Oh well...I have rambled on long enough. It's a day away from Friday and I am already planning my weekend of nothing! Yeah right...I am sure SWMBO has a Honey-Do list already made out. I hope the Cadre is having a wonderful week so far!

Sounds like picking up that Progress was a good choice Don! I’m feeling the same way about my Rockwell.

The only place in DC that I haven’t been able to get to, but wanted to see every time, is Arlington National Cemetary. I’ve heard it’s a very humbling place also.

Sounds like picking up that Progress was a good choice Don! I’m feeling the same way about my Rockwell.

The only place in DC that I haven’t been able to get to, but wanted to see every time, is Arlington National Cemetary. I’ve heard it’s a very humbling place also.

That it is...you HAVE to go experience it at some point.

You should still be able to tour some parts of the Holocaust museum without tickets. I believe the Tickets are just to streamline things for the main exhibit during busy season. Either way I believe it’s all free.

You should still be able to tour some parts of the Holocaust museum without tickets. I believe the Tickets are just to streamline things for the main exhibit during busy season. Either way I believe it’s all free.

I appreciate the input...but our decision has more to do with other factors and not ticketing. Mostly because of my overall since of being.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Nacet (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soaps - The Shaving Cadre (Lime, Neroli, and Vetiver)
Brush: TSC Member Brush, the "Luca Brasi" by Eric Sorrentino (@Smattayu) in Finest Badger
The Antepenultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Penultimate Aftershave: Ariana & Evans - Post-Shave Serum No. 3
The Ultimate Aftershave : Fine Accoutrements - Fresh Vetiver

Not really a lot to say today. Except that I had a most excellent shave! The weather warmed up today and I wanted something to reflect new beginnings in nature. What perfect way to do this than with CBL The Shaving Cadre Soap! It just smells like spring to me. No better way to put it in my book. Of course it doesn't hurt that CBL Premium Soaps are one of the best moisturizing soaps out there! A three pass shave WITH extensive cleanup this time (mostly because I didn't want the shave to be over with). The a couple pumps of the A&E post shave serum and man does my face feel great! I will douse myself in the fine fresh vetiver shortly...but I am amazed at how my face feels after the shave and with just a dab of A&E's stuff.

The Danger Zone:

End of the month again and I am under the gun to get two cases finished. The don't prescribe before our next board meeting...but the powers that be have asked if I can finish them up sooner than later. No pressure...right? Of course I am happy to oblige. I have three interviews to conduct today...but the good news is that I don't have to travel far. All three are within walking distance from my place of work. They are just all in different buildings. So while I don't have to go far...I will be getting my exercise in scrambling from one building to the next.

LSU plays Tennessee in hoops on Saturday at 11:00 AM my time. After losing to Florida earlier this week, I am hoping they come out fired up to play the number five team in the land! A win over Tennessee would have them sitting real pretty for the NCAA tournament and would likely get them a top four seed in one of the brackets. My Tigers are doing pretty damn good this year!

Sitting here with my friends on TSC and drinking some coffee just reminds me that life is pretty darn good! Hope the Cadre has a wonderful Friday and a glorious start to the weekend!

Nice read Don and hope you have the great day it's starting as. Unfortunately I'm rooting for TN although I don't know if they can pull it off. ?

Nice read Don and hope you have the great day it's starting as. Unfortunately I'm rooting for TN although I don't know if they can pull it off.
1f44d.png

Tennessee was Number one in the nation for most of the year prior to the Kentucky loss. So they can definitely pull it off! But the game is here in Baton Rouge and our crowd is pretty rabid right now!

Welcome Back Don! Good to see you again..... and with pics!

All three are within walking distance from my place of work. They are just all in different buildings. So while I don't have to go far...I will be getting my exercise in scrambling from one building to the next.

Back