The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Leaps and bounds? Is that a goat yoga joke?
1f602.png

Sounds like a great smelling shave to me!

Razor: Mekur Progress
Blade: Voskhod (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL - Orange Frankincense with Hemp Oil
Brush: TSC Member Brush the "Luca Brasi" by Eric Sorrentino in Finest Badger
The Antepenultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Penultimate Aftershave: A&E- Shave Serum No. 3
The Ultimate Aftershave : Fine Accoutrements - L'Orange Noir

Oh man do I love this soap! I mean I like all of Chris' soaps...but this one is special to me. It's not available on his site (at least the last time I checked) so I will make this one last (or maybe I will just ask him to make some). But it is a really nice scent. That Orange and spice really complement each other perfectly. And because the frankincense plays second fiddle to the orange...it's not too warm! I would even wear this in warmer months. It would be interesting to see how this soap would work with the "ghost" additives for cooling! If I had a complaint with this soap...it would be that I wish the scent was a tad bit stronger. But then again, it might work against how perfect this soap is. I know I have said it before, and I am sure I will say it again...but the hemp oil soaps that Chris makes are spectacular. They really up the game in the Post Shave Experience and the moisturizing! My skin will feel refreshed all day long!

The Danger Zone:

It's going to be a three ring circus at work today. For those of you that don't know I work for the Louisiana Board of Ethics. The Board deals with matters pertaining to public servants, lobbying, and campaign finance. I investigate potential violations of the Code of Ethics, which is Title 42 of the Louisiana Constitution. But today won't be about me.

Today, the board in its General Session (open to the public) will reconsider a prior opinion that it ruled on concerning using campaign funds for childcare while running for public office. The vast majority of the states and the federal government already are in favor of parents using camping dollars for childcare. If you want to read more about it, here is an article: https://www.nola.com/news/2019/02/louisiana-ethics-board-mum-about-campaign-cash-for-child-care-decision-coming-friday.html

At any rate, this has become a concern of national attention and today there will be news crews all over our building and the such. This will be a very distracting day to say the least! Guess I need to practice saying...no comment! I kid because the likelihood of me being asked a question is very slight. Either way...the bosses will likely be stressed today and when the bosses are stressed...the peons are going to feel it. Because like they say...wait...I can't say that here...but you know what I mean!

The weekend is finally here gents! And I for one am glad! Next week will be a bear as I will have a lot on my plate to finish up before the end of the month! But for now...let's live in the moment! Have a great Friday Cadre!

You will smell so good folks will be distracted, giving you a chance to escape. After that it’s just an e&e exercise.

Thanks Chad! Oh man...I am telling you some of this stuff our agency deals with might be right up your alley! At least the campaign finance stuff!

To be honest with you i'd probably love it. The finance banking world is starting to burn my out. Been doing it for 12 years and they paid for my masters degree for which I'm grateful. They own me until April then it might be time for a change

I'm just happy you're still finding the time to make relevant avatars.

Thank goodness for the weekends. An “in the moment” island of relaxation. Spacing out the storms of our work weeks.

Razor: Mekur Progress
Blade: Nacet (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: CBL - Orange Frankincense with Hemp Oil
Brush: TSC Member Brush the "Luca Brasi" by Eric Sorrentino in Finest Badger
The Preantepenultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Antepenultimate Aftershave: A&E- Shave Serum No. 3
The Penultimate Aftershave: Fine Accoutrements - Platinum
The Ultimate Aftershave : Fine Accoutrements - Platinum EdT

Same Soap from last time and how do i love this stuff! Different blade though. Decided to cancel the One Blade for February as I seriously am having issues using much of the same product over and over and over again. The Nacet in the Progress gave me a very smooth and efficient shave! Switched up my
aftershaves to Fine Platinum today as I wanted to smell like the little smokey and sweet of pineapples! Three passes and I am ready to conquer the day!

The Danger Zone:

It's going to be a busy week again this week. I have at least six interviews (three of them on the same day) and I might have two more. Some of these I am driving across the state to get to others are just a couple of blocks away. At any rate...I will be seriously scrambling to get things done this week.

The wife and I binged most of a new series on Netflix yesterday. Just have about three episodes left. It's called The Umbrella Academy. It took a few episodes to get into it but I have decided that I like it a lot. I am not going to say that it is all that original and at times is quite predictable. But all in all it has a fairly compelling story line.

It's the beginning of the week for most of us and I really hope that the cadre has a good one to start it off right!

That’s a lot of aftershaves Don! Haha!

Hope the work schedule doesn’t drive you crazy. Sounds like a lot to tackle but I’m sure you’ve got this!

Back