The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Glad you\'re not feeling overwhelmed any more. Don\'t forget we\'re here for ya brother. If you need help interviewing witnesses or anything. I\'m sure more than a few of us have watched Law & Order.
\nOh yeah...Law and Order Style! So...are you Lenny Briscoe? I appreciate the sediment (yes I know it\'s sentiment....but I like sediment better)
1f60b.png
\n\n
You be good cop Dave, I\'ll be bad cop
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
\nI think you guys are both pretty Bad!
1f60a.png
\n\n
Hey, great shave Don.. Do the dog\'s watch with you? \nI use balms in winter and AS\'s most of the rest of the year. But that the difference in regions. NYC is dry as hell in winter and pretty humid in the summer. AS drys skin out so a no go in winter where ASB feels gross in the summer times. You must love a good mentholated one down by you. \n\nWestminster is a good enough reason to make the trip to NYC. \n
\n\nThe Danger Hounds do watch with us...and by watch I mean one is under a blanket sleeping and the other one is curled up on the sofa snoring. They might hear a yip or another dog sound from the TV, bark a couple of times and then go back to sleep...
1f436.png
\n\nMost of my aftershaves are mentholated. And there is very little chance of my skin drying out in the sense that yours would where you live. The average annual humidity in my area is about 75% and hovers around 90% most mornings...so we have plenty of moisturizing going on!
1f60b.png

Wow Don that sounds pretty stressful. You must really have all your stuff in order to be able to keep up with it all. Now I understand why you disappear from time to time!

Wow Don that sounds pretty stressful. You must really have all your stuff in order to be able to keep up with it all. Now I understand why you disappear from time to time!

It is stressful but manageable. It just one of those things. I thrive well in environments like this. For some reason even my jobs in the military, I have always done well at making sense out of chaos. I really think that if I had a job that was the same old same old every day I would likely get board and probably be self destructive. This particular job though has really taught me that I NEED to be organized. All in all though, it gives me a sense of purpose and that is what really drives me.

Nice win Don. I'm more interested in TN beating KY on Saturday as I'm more a TN guy then KY

I know last night's game came down to a controversial call...but I am okay with it. First of all, it was my team who benefited from it
1f60a.png
. But most importantly, Kentucky got away with a lot of stuff last night and had a bunch of calls go their way. It isn't the end of their season and it is only one game. One game in basketball does not make or break a season...unless of course it is THE game. But all in all...I thought it was a really good hard fought game with both teams playing their hearts out! Plus LSU stays unbeaten on the Road in SEC play.

Tennessee is a different story. That team is GOOD! Kentucky has them this weekend and LSU has them next weekend at home. Interesting to see how they handle things.

Honestly I haven't followed things for a long time and TN has been a long time coming to where they finally are. We'll see how they are going forward. For some reason even when TN was a lousy team they would beat KY consistently even when KY was on their game. It's a rival to say the least. Hopefully this team can do the same as lesser teams have against KY.

But yes an good hard fought game on both sides last night.

Razor: Mekur Progress
Blade: Voskhod (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: WSP - "Ugly" Bay Rum
Brush: TSC Member Brush the "Luca Brasi" by Eric Sorrentino in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Bootlegger's Bay Rum

I finally decided to pull out the Ugly Bay Rum that was PIF'd to me from the Man of Three Names...StephanieCharlotteFrancis...
1f60b.png
. First off I am in agreement with SCF...I am not sure what is so "ugly" about this soap. In fact, this soaps has a lot too it. It performs very well and the scent is plenty strong and lasts through the entire shave. This is definitely a really good soap! I would likely place it at the very top of tier two with room to move up if I decide that the Post Shave Experience is better than I think. But the scent...classic Bay Rum! I will say that this is one of the most stable soaps I have ever tried...it's some good stuff all around!

Pulled out the Bootlegger's Bay Rum from WAAAAAAY back in the den. Kind of forgot that I still had a little bit of it. I really need to get the stuff to make some more as this is one of my favorite Bay Rum aftershaves. A FEW healthy GLUGS and a liberal splashing of the BBR and I feel like a sailor ready for shore leave!

The Danger Zone:

Jumping through hoops at work...but what else is new. Decided that I am going to start doing yoga twice a week now as the once a week was improving my conditions by leaps and bounds. Also continuing on with my strength training and I am already seeing improvements in that area as well...even just after a couple of weeks!

It's Thursday Cadre and the weekend is almost here! Persevere and fight on!

Bootlegger's for the Win! It really is the best smelling Bay Rum, and the best bargain in almost all of aftershaves!

Glad you like the “ugly” Bay Rum Don! I really love WSP’s soaps and AS. For me I put them as a tier 1 soap for sure, but I haven't tried many other soaps at this point for comparison. Either way a great performer. Their Bay Rum is a good version of the scent too. It’s not overpowered by any of the individual profiles that make up the scent, it all blends together very nicely.

Great shave Don. Mmmmm Bay Rum. I was on the WSP website the other day and saw the Bay Rum and wondered if it was any good. I'm a huge Bay Rum fan so I think I will have to get me a tub of it. Does it have heavy clove notes to it?

Great shave Don. Mmmmm Bay Rum. I was on the WSP website the other day and saw the Bay Rum and wondered if it was any good. I'm a huge Bay Rum fan so I think I will have to get me a tub of it. Does it have heavy clove notes to it?

I wouldn't say that it is heavy clove...but the clove is there and pronounced. Like Man of Three Names said...all the individual scents come together to make a really nice Bay Rum!

Man, I hope Don does wear something form fitting. Loose shorts and some of those poses will result in more exposure than others in the class might be ready for.

I wouldn't say that it is heavy clove...but the clove is there and pronounced. Like Man of Three Names said...all the individual scents come together to make a really nice Bay Rum!

Thanks Don, I'm sold on it - gotta order some.

Man, I hope Don does wear something form fitting. Loose shorts and some of those poses will result in more exposure than others in the class might be ready for.

1f606.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Back