The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

I'm wanting to believe you buddy, but your avatar says differently
1f61c.png
Just playing with you man.

Point well taken...
1f60b.png

Don, making his entire office crave chocolate one pass by at a time.

Razor: Mekur Progress
Blade: Voskhod (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming in Collaboration with Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche (Icarus Base Soap)
Brush: TSC Member Brush the "Luca Brasi" by Eric Sorrentino in Finest Badger
The Antepenultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Penultimate Aftershave: A&E- Shave Serum No. 3
The Ultimate Aftershave : Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche

Another quick one today. I didn't put much thought into what I wanted to shave with today. I saw my Vide Poche and said to myself, "Don...you really like this stuff...how abouts we shave with it today." And then of course I answered myself and said, "HELL YEAH!" No...really...these are the exact words that were muttered out loud...and conversation with me. So there are other soaps I really like based on different criteria. And while I think the Icarus Base from DG is an Elite soap...there are other bases I think are just a tad better...not by much...but better nonetheless. But when you take in the totality of it all...this particular soap and scent is my absolute favorite! Any way...three passes on a mild setting and I have a very nice and smooth shave. I used the A&E shave serum today as I wanted just that extra feeling of moisturizing and repair for the face and neck. LOVE THIS STUFF! I haven't splashed on the Ultimate Aftershave yet...but I will in just a moment. Then the universe can come into perfect harmony!

The Danger Zone:

I did not want to go to work yesterday...but in the end it was a pretty productive day. And the case that I am working on that I feel is completely out of my wheelhouse...well...I have a sense of direction on it now. It still is not going to be an easy case...but at least I have a plan. My goal is to get it wrapped up by the end of the month...I know it is coming quick...but it's possible.

I recorded the day time activities of the Westminster Dog show from yesterday and the wife and I watched all of that yesterday and then half of the best in group rounds last night. Tonight we will finish up last nights activities and then probably watch the day time stuff from today and watch the remaining group rounds as well as best in show tonight. If you can't tell, the wife and I really love dogs! And the Westminster is the Super Bowl of Dog Shows!

I raise my coffee mug to you ladies and gents of TSC. Here's to the Cadre and the wonderful day they are going to have!

Solid shave Don. That serum is on my short list after the S thing. Glad things have direction at work. Have a good day!

I am not a big balm guy. They all make my face sweat and then I feel gross for like an hour or so. That A&E Post Shave Serum is lighter and absorbs in quickly. My face might feel a little tacky for about 10 minutes...but then it is all dried up. I think there are other "serums" out there, and I have no idea how the stand up to A&E's, but I won't go without this stuff. I don't use it everyday...but when I feel like I need a little bit more...I grab it!

I am not a big balm guy. They all make my face sweat and then I feel gross for like an hour or so. That A&E Post Shave Serum is lighter and absorbs in quickly. My face might feel a little tacky for about 10 minutes...but then it is all dried up. I think there are other "serums" out there, and I have no idea how the stand up to A&E's, but I won't go without this stuff. I don't use it everyday...but when I feel like I need a little bit more...I grab it!
Yeah, I'm like you. Not big on but watching Josh's reviews has me looking hard at A&E, Paladin and LNHC's for ones that would fit for me when needed.

Glad you're not feeling overwhelmed any more. Don't forget we're here for ya brother. If you need help interviewing witnesses or anything. I'm sure more than a few of us have watched Law & Order.

Hey, great shave Don.. Do the dog's watch with you?
I use balms in winter and AS's most of the rest of the year. But that the difference in regions. NYC is dry as hell in winter and pretty humid in the summer. AS drys skin out so a no go in winter where ASB feels gross in the summer times. You must love a good mentholated one down by you.

Westminster is a good enough reason to make the trip to NYC.

Great shave Don. Like you, I've really enjoyed the freedom of adjusting the razor aggressiveness.
It realy does feel pretty good!

Nice shave Don! Hope you can tackle that case and move on to something a little bit better suited to you soon.
It's getting there. The thing is...at any given time I have between 10 and 15 cases assigned to me. I actively work on six to eight at a time, while the rest of them I might have to make phone calls and send out requests on intermittently. If you get behind on one, you get behind on all of them. Each case has a prescription date in which it expires and I absolutely cannot let a case prescribe or I will likely get fired or reassigned. So when you get into a hole...you have to really work hard to get yourself out of it. I'm not there with any of my cases...but there is really no time to rest. If you don't understand an aspect of a case...you have to learn it quickly and move on.

Back