The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

3-day growth is like a forest on you. Not a fair test. Congrats on the office!

I share an office with two people who are rarely in it, spending 90% of their time in outpatient clinics. It's quiet most of the time, which is very conducive to my work. I'm pretty lucky.

Enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Yuma
Blade: Voskhod (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery - Lavender & Peppermint
Brush: Stirling 24mm Fan in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Fine Accoutrements - Lavender Pour Homme

So in perfect Yin and Yang fashion...while I woke up late yesterday...I woke up quite early this morning. The universe is as peace now because balance has been restored! Grabbed the Yuma razor again and set out for a wonderful shave. Some things I really appreciate about this razor are: I love the hexagonal shaped handle with the engraved and raised design on the handle. This allows me to grip the razor even when my hands are slippery and wet (not to be confused with "Slippery When Wet" by Bon Jovi). I even appreciate the squared off end of the groove roll on the bottom of the razor. This also adds to the grip.

So this morning I did not have the three days of growth that I did last time. And to tell you the truth...the shave really felt much the same (sans the four passes...only three today). I really feel like it tugs a bit on long strokes. I know this should be the function of the blade...but I don't think so. But on shorter strokes...this razor performs nicely. Mild is a bit of an understatement, but that is what this razor is...mild. But it's really a care free shave that I wou
ld be hard pressed to be able inflict any serious damage to my face and neck (give me time...I'll figure it out).

Three passes in the standard fashion and I came out with a DFS++...double plus for added emphasis. I lathered with the SS Lavender & Pepermint and poured a couple glugs of Fine Lavender for my Hommies as Chad puts it. I really love this scent and I am not sure why I don't shave with it more often. Something about that scent profile...in my opinion it is one of the perfect combination of scents that is manly but very sophisticated...still simple though.

The Danger Zone:

Thanks for all the congrats on the office guys! It's actually smaller than my cubicle...but I have windows and a little privacy! My office overlooks the Mississippi River and the Bridge in Baton Rouge. It also overlooks the USS Kidd (a WWII Destroyer named after the first Flag Officer to die in WWII and the first US Admiral to ever die in combat). And off in the distance, I can half of Tiger Stadium (the other half is obscured by buildings). I'll try to get a couple pics at some point, but it has been foggy here the past couple of days.

Monday came and went and I hope the Cadre hada great day to set up an awesome week! Here's to hoping that you have a wonderful Tuesday!

Great shave, Don. Fine Lavender is a fantastic scent for sure. I believe it's a clone of one of Czech and Speake's fragrances.

Friend had that shirt and someone asked what's " fug a bud oud it "

Oh my...
1f644.png

Office? That’s synonymous with Den, right? Now you have a bigger place to keep your shave den!

Fuggetaboutit!

Don't lump us upstate NY'rs with the city folks!
1f604.png

Congrats on the office Don! I remember going form the cube to an office where I could close the door for lunch and hang some stuff on the wall. The windows are a huge plus. I once had an office that overlooked the rolling hills of woods that surrounded the building. Ironicly, I spent so little time in there and now that I have an office job where I'm at my desk most of the day, I have no outside windows.

You all seem to get out to NYC much? Lumping Manhattan in with Strong Island, and Staten Island. Heck I haven't heard an accent like that in NYC since the 1990s.

You all forget we are the Educated, Sophisticated, Progressives Entitled (read Butt Holes) who know better than all the rest of the country and we are the only ones that matter. (Obviously sarcasm)

Back