The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

My secret santa got me the OZ Foxville, good stuff. Keep up the healthy choices and you will be rocking the superman costume by halloween.

all for seeing you sweat a little?
1f60b.png

If that ain't setting off the creepy alert signal I don't now what will ?

Glad to hear the back is doing better Don. Sounds like the Progress is treating you well also.

I think you you need to go do some donuts on that snow before they start calling you Quasi-Dangerous Don ???

You guys are all too hilarious! I will have you know that there was no wintry mix. The rain came in and out quickly and much earlier than expected. The weather here started off in the low 30s and about 15 mph. So it was cold...but not like Utah, Montana, or dare I say...Chicago cold. Did I read yesterday that parts of the Antarctica will actually be warmer than Chicago today? Crazy man! So basically...there were no doughnuts to be made in the snow yesterday...not yet at least. And believe me...if you guys knew half of what I did in the military (both marine Corps and National Guard) you would want to label me "Ridiculously Stupid dangerousdon...I mean...what was he thinking doing that stupid dangerousdon."

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Voskhod (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soap - Toasted Oatmeal Stout
Brush: TSC Member Brush - the "Luca Brasi" by Eric Sorrentino in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Figaro - Monsieur

Went with another shave with the Progress today and went up a notch to -1. I want to keep moving up to where I go past my optimal aggressiveness and then back to it so I know exactly where I like this guy. A fourth shave with the Voskhod yielded fantastic results...but I have a feeling this shave or the next might be it for this blade. Speaking of Voskhod blades...they are still stupid cheap on Amazon (under $9) and I picked up a century pack. Can never have too many blades right? The funny thing is...I have so many blades right now that I could probably use one blade a week and have enough for 10 years. But I DIGEST...(see what I did there? I must be hungry). Anyway...I felt the blade a bit more with the increased exposure, but it was still a very comfortable shave. I give partial credit of this to the CBL soap. That stuff truly is at the top. Three regular old passes...no cleanup...and man I am feeling good. A generous glug...or two...or three...of the Figaro Monsieur is the perfect compliment to the Toasted Oatmeal Stout...and I smell like a $100.00 bill!

The Danger Zone:

Last night was the first time to a real Yoga class.I mean with poses and everything (sans the goats). I can definitely see where this is going to help me out. It stretched out my hips and back and we worked our core muscles (a lot!). All in all it was a wonderful workout. I need to work on my breathing though...because I was had the tendency to hold my breath. Never a good thing!

Made yogurt in the Instant Pot two nights ago. Man is it stupid easy to make it this way. I pour in a half a gallon of Fair Life whole milk (I use this because it has less sugars than regular milk and is ultra-pasteurized so I can just pour it in without raising the temp to 180 and then cooling it), and then a quart of Horizon brand half and half. I then stir in a couple of table spoons of a starter...and honestly I have just been finding a commercially bought plain yogurt that has as many bacteria strains in it as I can find. Then put the lid on the Instant Pot and push the yogurt button! Let it go over night or all day, and in the morning you have yogurt. I let mine sit in the fridge for a few hours at least to firm up. But then you have a yogurt that has no added sugars to it and you can do whatever you want with it!

It is Hump Day but feels like it should be Friday. No worries though, because I have faith the Cadre is going to be their absolute best today!

Home made yogurt and yoga? Has anyone seen DANGEROUS Don?!? ???. Just kidding buddy. I’ve always wanted to try yoga, it’s supposed to be a killer workout.

Sounds like you’re moving right along with the Progress. Seems like you’ve found a good fit with that razor!

Hey Asterisk man he did use an instapot. Those practically bombs. Oh who am I kidding where is this dangerous man?

Razor: Yuma
Blade: Voskhod (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: LNHC - Smoked Black Tea
Brush: TSC Member Brush - the "Luca Brasi" by Eric Sorrentino in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Fine - American Blend

Woke up late this morning so I am scrambling. But wanted to get this journal entry in before I left for work! I used the Yuma Razor that Dave in the Bluegrass State is lending for a pass around. First impressions are that it is light and small. It might not be Travel tech small...but it's not far off either. Planned on doing a two pass shave today to save a bit of time...but ended up doing a four passer. I had a bout a three day growth beard and with each pass of the razor I was reducing the beard, just in very small increments. I went with 2x WtG, and then XtG, and AtG. I ended up with a better than damn fine shave. I will test this guy out tomorrow to what he does after just a day of growth.

The Danger Zone:

The boss finally told me that I could move into the empty office! WOO HOO! First office I have had and happy for it!

It's Monday Gents! Hope the Cadre gets the work week started off great!

Whoa.. Don Congrats!!! ..

One suggestion. Give it a few months before you close the door and start taking naps under the desk.

Back