The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Don,
Finding a good chiropractor did wonders for me as I approached 50. I used to not believe in them but that all changed. A good one is priceless.

A fee few years ago I was having all sorts of pains(lower back, syatica(spelling) knee pain, and one frozen shoulder). She helped me greatly with a little well timed adjustments. A good one will not have you coming back constantly. I maybe go once a month or two months but have rarely had issues. Also being aware of my shoes and how fast they ware. At our age I will replace heels or through shoes and sneakers out much sooner than I used to. But worth the weight in gold to be pain free.

Another, and likely my last, shave with the General. If I was only shaving my face...then this would be the perfect razor.

when I read this my imagination went to wherre else could you be shaving if not his face? Don has hair so its not his head. Well then you went on to mention your next and that answered that. Shave on Don.o

Don,\nFinding a good chiropractor did wonders for me as I approached 50. I used to not believe in them but that all changed. A good one is priceless. \n\nA fee few years ago I was having all sorts of pains(lower back, syatica(spelling) knee pain, and one frozen shoulder). She helped me greatly with a little well timed adjustments. A good one will not have you coming back constantly. I maybe go once a month or two months but have rarely had issues. Also being aware of my shoes and how fast they ware. At our age I will replace heels or through shoes and sneakers out much sooner than I used to. But worth the weight in gold to be pain free. \n\nAnother, and likely my last, shave with the General. If I was only shaving my face...then this would be the perfect razor. \n\nwhen I read this my imagination went to wherre else could you be shaving if not his face? Don has hair so its not his head. Well then you went on to mention your next and that answered that. Shave on Don.o
\n\nThanks for the suggestion! I have thought about going to a chiropractor. I have to figure out how it works with my insurance. And you are right...I probably need to access my shoe wear situation...thanks!

Well at least you have answers for the pain and can now set up a plan. I am glad the rains stopped. Thhe community there does not need another flood that's for sure!

Don, I feel your pain.... literally. I am constantly in pain with my lower back. When I did my VA med eval when I was retiring, they found a couple of my vertebrae had degenerated. I did physical therapy, and it helped a little bit, but didn't provide the relief I was looking for. I'd like to go to a Chiro, but it isn't covered by my insurance. I know I need to do something about this, but I've bene putting it off. I don't want to do physical therapy again, because with a copay each visit, and them wanting to see me 2-3 times a week, it gets really expensive really quick.

Sorry to hear about the body pain Don! I hope the stretches work out as the doctor thinks.

Don, I feel your pain.... literally. I am constantly in pain with my lower back. When I did my VA med eval when I was retiring, they found a couple of my vertebrae had degenerated. I did physical therapy, and it helped a little bit, but didn't provide the relief I was looking for. I'd like to go to a Chiro, but it isn't covered by my insurance. I know I need to do something about this, but I've bene putting it off. I don't want to do physical therapy again, because with a copay each visit, and them wanting to see me 2-3 times a week, it gets really expensive really quick.
I'm with both of you and tell you it don't get any better with Osteoarthritis on top. Do what you can while younger to correct or slow progression. Last time I was pain free was my late 20's

Great shave and read, Don. I love the scent of LNHC Smoked Black Tea. Sorry to hear about the hip and lower back pain, but it sounds like you went in at a good time and it's very manageable.

Nice shave Don! Back pain really sucks. I get it from time to time, but I’ve never really done anything about it as it usually only lasts a few days before disappearing for a while. I just chalk it up to sitting at a desk all day with bad posture! I’ve always been interested in yoga but never knew where to start, and I don’t feel comfortable joining a class full of strangers lol.

Oh I also forgot to mention that I started listening to that podcast you were talking about. The Drive. I listened to the first episode to get an idea of what it’s all about and it was good. I didnt Understand some of the things they were talking about, but overall it was good. I just started the most recent episode on mindfulness meditation. Gonna take me a while to finish as it 3+ hours long!

Back